Thread: Cape Cod Spring Thaw

Default Cape Cod Spring Thaw

Unique aerial views of Cape Cod in the spring. Shot in 4K Ultra-HD.

https://youtu.be/NPaflA0a-s4

Beautiful landscape.

Blog Entries

Impressive shots and some great scenery. But as a film ...? I'm afraid I became rather bored after a minute or so. This is a potential problem because I did go back when I decided I was going to comment and there are some really killer sunset shots at the end which I (and possibly many others) would miss out on if bailing earlier. The film did develop but painfully slowly and this feeling was enhanced by the music which was pleasing to begin with but also felt like it never developed. After the initial wow factor it all seemed like more of the same.
    I realise this must sound very harsh as I can only imagine the effort that went into getting these shots, but without any real story other than the passing of the day I think this is about twice as long as it ought to be,
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Impressive shots and some great scenery. But as a film ...? I'm afraid I became rather bored after a minute or so. This is a potential problem because I did go back when I decided I was going to comment and there are some really killer sunset shots at the end which I (and possibly many others) would miss out on if bailing earlier. The film did develop but painfully slowly and this feeling was enhanced by the music which was pleasing to begin with but also felt like it never developed. After the initial wow factor it all seemed like more of the same.
    I realise this must sound very harsh as I can only imagine the effort that went into getting these shots, but without any real story other than the passing of the day I think this is about twice as long as it ought to be,

Appreciate the feedback, and some good points. I was hoping the inclusion of the people in the piece (kids running, clammer, oyster farmer etc) going about their springtime activities might provide enough of a string tying the piece to the title and theme.

Any other suggestions?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dcooper2025 View Post
    I was hoping the inclusion of the people in the piece (kids running, clammer, oyster farmer etc) going about their springtime activities might provide enough of a string tying the piece to the title and theme.
    I think that would have been a great idea - and get some closer shots of the people too. I like that you included plenty of shots of familiar objects (people/buildings/boats) as these are important to bring a sense of scale to the landscape (without these we have no idea how large the ice features are.
    I was very much reminded of this especially your "bridge" shot (perhaps you've seen it). But look how in this film Philip Bloom manages to mix in some great close-ups (and some very low flying). Those shots which feature people and animals, and those where the camera is flying among the trees are my favourites.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I think that would have been a great idea - and get some closer shots of the people too. I like that you included plenty of shots of familiar objects (people/buildings/boats) as these are important to bring a sense of scale to the landscape (without these we have no idea how large the ice features are.
    I was very much reminded of this especially your "bridge" shot (perhaps you've seen it). But look how in this film Philip Bloom manages to mix in some great close-ups (and some very low flying). Those shots which feature people and animals, and those where the camera is flying among the trees are my favourites.
    Awesome. Thanks!