Thread: Wedding presentation video

Default Wedding presentation video

Hey guys,

Would really love to replica this wedding presentation video for mine in 8 weeks time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWHTGVGydh4

It looks like to be shot from mid-long range and using video editing software to zoom in and rotate as required.

I have very minimal experience with video editing softwares and was wondering whats the best software to use to replicate the video above with minimum fuss.

I had a quick play with my friend's Adobe After Effects and it looks way too comprehensive for my needs.

Looking forward to your replies,

Cheers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rorii View Post
    Would really love to replica this wedding presentation video for mine in 8 weeks time:
    Really?
    Quote Originally Posted by rorii View Post
    I had a quick play with my friend's Adobe After Effects and it looks way too comprehensive for my needs.
    Well there's plenty of software out there that will accomplish this which is perhaps not as comprehensive as AE however, whether you use other software or AE you will still have to learn the same techniques. What I'm getting at is that if doing this in AE is too much for you, doing it an anything will also be too much for you.
    It is not just a case of something which will zoom and rotate. You need to learn track motion - basically plotting the paths of the "screens" of the iPhones so you can then match the images you want to display to it.
    And you really have to understand how this is going to work before you plan your shots. Oh, yes, there is an awful lot of planning going into this. And an awful lot of filming. Getting something to drop from one "screen" into another requires working oy where in the frame it is going to leave the first, the trajectory and the speed and matching that to the same in the second.
    I think the video is great, but probably not if this is going to be the only video.
    The images of the bride and groom (and guests?) make up a very small part of the screen real estate - is that really what you want?

You have a steep learning curve ahead of you. I wouldn't be attempting this with only 8 weeks to go, I'd have more important things to do.
    Tim