Thread: DVD made with DVDA starts with movie instaed of with menu

Default DVD made with DVDA starts with movie instaed of with menu

just proudly completed my very first DVD featuring my own clips
    When I insert the DVD in my stand alone DVD player it immediately starts showing one of the many movies on the DVD, not with the menu page. The movie it starts with is the one which would be indicated if I chose 3 times 'enter' res. 'select' on the first menu page.
    Even inserting an introduction media did not help, it still goes through to show the movie. Playing the DVD the introduction movie cannot be accessed at all, and as before I only arrive at the first menu page by returning there choosing 'title' or 'menu' on my remote while watching the movie which starts right away.

Any idea for a solution?

Blog Entries

You don't mention which software you are using. You need to set the menu as "first play".

Default Used DVD Architect 3

I used DVD Architect 3
    ( I had mentioned in 'subject line' DVD made with DVDA, that meant made with DVD architect )
    First of course I first had set the first page as 'ste DVD start'. as it is called in the DVDA, and the first menu page got the symbol indicating that this is the starting page in the DVDA. But playing the DVD it goes streight through to the movie indicated if I had choosen 'enter' on the remote ( a couple of times, since there are submenus ).
    Then I tried adding an 'introduction media' which then is supposed to be the media the DVD starts with ( and it also got the symbol indicating that in the DVDA ) but that never opened, still same, it goes through to the movie clip.

I start thinking that the error lies with my DVD player as I have tried so many ways, rerecording my DVD-RW many times, trying again, same story again....