Thread: Newbie could use some help editing

Default Newbie could use some help editing

Hi I'm Hook. I'm a musician in Tampa Florida and I've just gotten a tascam dr-v1hd (I know you can laugh) and I'm editing with Wondershare video editor. I will post a few link to my first few videos later, I'm on my phone now. My problem is this, I've been experimenting with picture in picture and the video I'm currently working on has three picture-in-picture windows. I'm able to get my audio track synced up with the main video and with the first two picture-in-picture videos just fine. When I drag in the third video everything goes into slow-motion and all it's all out of sync.when I delete the third video everything is back in sync fine. I think even the 3rd window is slowed down also. Is this a software problem or a laptop issue, dell Inspiron running windows 8. I realize I'm using sub par equipment but that's somewhat my thing and the quality in getting is fine with me but my whole goal was to utilize picture in picture a lot. Has anyone used wondershare? Any help or opinions will be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    Rock on!

Blog Entries

No idea about your particular editor, but these are symptoms of PC hardware that is unable to cope. It may well be when you render your project it will be fine, but syncing stuff will be impossible while you're editing like this. The ability to playback in real time and see the content in maximum quality is often a trade-off when editing. Can you lower the quality in order to get all your timing right, then up it again when you come to render? That's what I do when mixing several streams or sticking loads of FX on.
    Tim

Just to be clear, I'm in the "know nothing" category so as far as changing the quality; is this something I do in my editor to the whole project at once or each individual video? What am I changing it from and to? I'll be able to spend a little time later I hope. I guess I can try to do it on my desktop but I really prefer my lapto. Would I be having the same kind of issues is I was using a different program?
    Thanks for responding Tim!
    rock on!

Blog Entries

I've no idea whether your editor has this facility, but look for something like "preview quality"
    Tim

Thanks Tim, not an option. Wondershare support says" As for your case, I am afraid this is caused by the timeline efficiency. If there are too many items on the pip timeline, it may cause this issue.

Actually, after you load the video to the program, it will be compressed to a lower resolution as 512*288 to set the preview window, so it will influence the audio and video, but the output quality will not be affected. Please just try to convert your file, and then you could check the output quality."

I'm not sure what to convert them to & I need to find a freeish converter.
    Thanks again!

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    "...Please just try to convert your file, and then you could check the output quality."

I'm not sure what to convert them to & I need to find a freeish converter.
    Thanks again!
    I think they mean to export your project to see how the final quality will be, not convert the files before importing them.

Probably the "real" answer will be "Get a proper video editing program."