Hi there, I am currently building a component list to create a great video editing machine for use with Adobe creative cloud software (primarily Premiere Pro, but all the others as well). I think my PC build is coming along nicely, but I have 3 questions. Please keep this in mind: I need storage space, performance for 1080p editing and overlays but render capacity for 4K (I never edit in 4K or Raw, always through proxies... I think editing without offline proxy workflow is nuts). I am also concerned with durability and future proofing (see Thunderbolt question below).

That being said, I hope you can help me with my decisions here.

This is my list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/4KHyRB

These are my questions:

1 - Should I order all these parts online at the same time, or get a case at a bricks/mortar store once I receive all the internal components?

2 - Do you think it's advisable to go one notch lower with my Mother Board / CPU / GPU to save a bit of cash without lowering performance really? Or is that actually not possible due to some compatibility issues I might be unaware of or maybe due to future-proofing...?

Specifically, I'm wondering whether the Asus X99-Pro is worth the premium from Asus X99-A
but by the same token, I wonder whether getting the new Gygabyte X99-UD7 might be a better choice given that I was already looking at Thunderbolt expansions for the Asus X99.

Same concerns (minus the model names of course) apply to the CPU & GPU choice.

3 - I'm still flip-flopping between creating an internal RAID 10 (1+0) with 4 x 1Tb drives or using the following configuration:

2Tb Seagate Barracuda 72000RPM (6Gbps connect.) as the dedicated "Media" drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 72000RPM (6Gbps connect.) as the dedicated "Scratch" drive
1Tb Seagate Barracuda 72000RPM (6Gbps connect.) as the dedicated "Export" drive

Regardless of RAID or not, the OS and Apps would be installed on that Crucial 256Gb SSD

Let me know what you think!
(I'm getting pretty excited to order all this stuff... plus my new editing project is coming in soon, so I gotta get this build DONE!)