Thread: Export from Premiere CC flickering on still images

1. Default Export from Premiere CC flickering on still images

Premiere CC latest version 2014.

Hey guys. So I've recently had some serious problems on a couple of projects where I have exported videos with stills (jpegs) in the timeline, and they flicker or have wavy lines running through when exported to h264 files - but only on the still images. The video elements in the timeline seem to export fine. It has happened on both my main desktop PC and on my VAIO laptop on two separate projects. Is this a bug in Premiere?
    At 1st I thought it was my graphics card, and then I thought maybe it was just a bug in a particular project until the same thing happened on both my workstations on two different projects. This is a serious problem that got me into trouble this evening on a quick turn around job and I couldn't export a decent version of my timeline.

Any suggestions?

2. Default

I should probably expain - the "flickering" is not like a deinterlace type flicker. It's like a jittering with dark lines running through/over the image. Sometimes if I reimport the exported h264 file into a new timeline, isolate the still images that have the problem and add a freeze frame on it somewhere that the lines are less prominent, I can reexport and its ok. But I recently tried this and some of the images seemed to have some weird grid like pattern over the stills. So I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by jamesuk1981; 03-11-2015 at 08:03 AM.