Thread: First Real Shoot and Edit with the GoPro4 Black

Smile First Real Shoot and Edit with the GoPro4 Black

Hello all, this is my first post! - Got a GoPro4 Black a few months ago and finally had a good oppertunity to use it on my most recent snowboarding trip to Colorado. Something a little fun to share - questions and comments are welcomed
    Shot in 1080p 30 frames
    some mixed in shots of a couple GoPro3+s

make sure you click on 1080!!

http://youtu.be/NRgdeoAQxx8

Nice editing but you have the same problems as I have with my skiing videos. At some point you need to make sure you show more than just guys in the snow. It depends of course on the target audience.

Good image quality and nice editing... But, as said above, itīs deep inside the usual skiing video formula... Lotīs of flare-transitions, selfie-poles, and "the dudes".... oh, and the pah-pah-pah music.... NO, unfortunatelly I donīt have another formula!!

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Nice editing but you have the same problems as I have with my skiing videos. At some point you need to make sure you show more than just guys in the snow. It depends of course on the target audience.

Thanks for the input! I really am aiming for "the bros" and people that do the same type of shots and editing ((The whole GoPro vibe)) and most importantly my friends, trying to get them all in there. tried to mix it up with some of the trip on the way there, scenery shot,s us hanging out at the cabin, and jacuzzi.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Good image quality and nice editing... But, as said above, itīs deep inside the usual skiing video formula... Lotīs of flare-transitions, selfie-poles, and "the dudes".... oh, and the pah-pah-pah music.... NO, unfortunatelly I donīt have another formula!!
    Thank You! Yea Quality is a big thing for me, i like as crisp of a picture i can get so i played with a few different compressions. Perspective is a tough thing with the GoPro as you know it is a fixed angle lens (very wide).. i tried several different music tracks - but its tough to edit a high energy video without a good beat so i can appreciate that the music isn't your taste lol. if you do come up with a formula, you let me know hahah next trip i go on is Jamaica in a few weeks so i will have something a little different to share.

You can adjust the wideness of the GoPro in the menu settings. I never shoot at it's widest as I don't like the fish eye effect.
    As for the video, it seems to tick all the boxes for the intended audience. Nicely cut to the beat etc.. I'm sure your friends will love it.