Thread: Replace logo on videos

Default Replace logo on videos

I need to replace the logo on all instructional videos that are made. The logo is throughout the film. The beginning and end of the films have the same logo and is centered. And in between there is a small logo that is in the upper left corner. Is this possible to do in a simple way. Preferably with batch function. Tip desired!
    Last edited by Humbleman; 03-07-2015 at 10:55 AM.

Blog Entries

For what purpose? Logos are put there (a) to brand something and (b) to prevent (or rather make obvious) unauthorised copying. You may have a legitimate reason, but it's difficult to imagine what.
    Tim

The obvious answer is (assuming this is legitimate) to go back to the originator and ask them for a clean copy or for a copy with your new logo on there.

It's hard to imagine why anyone would need to replace a logo unless you updated a logo for your company and fell out with the original video producer (who's copyright may still be in effect anyway).

Our idea is to change the graphic identity, ie logo. But this means we also have to replace the logo in existing films, which are about a hundred. Each film has taken a long time to make, so it is not possible to create them again. It has to go quickly, whether we should change the logo.

Each film consists of three parts: 1, Intro Page. 2, instructional part. 3, concluded part.

Part 1 contains the company logo displayed in a specified number of seconds.

Part 2 contains an instructional video that is different in length. Product logo is displayed on the upper left corner the whole time.

Finally, Part 3 contains the company logo in a larger size than part 1.

Blog Entries

You don't have the films without the logo? Oh dear.
    Realistically you will simply need to make sure your new logo completely covers the previous one (or put it on a background that does). I'm sure it won't look pretty, but maybe keep a master of your competed films without a logo in future, eh? (Hindsight is a wonderful thing)
    Tim

Tim, I do not know what sorts of things you do not understand. But do not worry - I have figured out this myself. Though I had hoped to get faster help in this forum. I use After Effects!

Blog Entries

Glad you got it sorted. Perhaps you'd like to post how you fixed it so you can help others in your situation.
    Tim

Effectively (i.e. completely) removing a logo without leaving any traces? ... that's impressive! I'd love to know how you did it. Even using After Effects, that's an impressive feat.....