Thread: Completely New to Video Editing

Default Completely New to Video Editing

HI All,

Lovely site. I am completely new to video editing and would like to know what software would be best to use.

Do note that at this time, all I have is a GoPro and the Studio software it comes with and even with that, I am having a tough time... My time lapse videos are out of sequence and when I finalize a video for upload, playback is too fast. I have no idea where to start and what to do.

For now, I am trying the 30 day free trial for both Movavi and CyberLink PowerDirector. I can't seem to do anything right with either one and would like to hear from you guys as to what you're are using that might be easy for me to take up.

Also, do note that I am using a Windows PC running Windows 7 Professional.

All I want to do is be able to edit my GoPro videos and upload them to Youtube and Facebook. Here is my Youtube channel and this is all I can do: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCad...PO3HjM_gjWZPUQ

Hope to hear from you guys soon as to what you think is best.

Quote Originally Posted by Toolbox View Post
    HI All,

Lovely site. I am completely new to video editing and would like to know what software would be best to use.

Do note that at this time, all I have is a GoPro and the Studio software it comes with and even with that, I am having a tough time... My time lapse videos are out of sequence and when I finalize a video for upload, playback is too fast. I have no idea where to start and what to do.

For now, I am trying the 30 day free trial for both Movavi and CyberLink PowerDirector. I can't seem to do anything right with either one and would like to hear from you guys as to what you're are using that might be easy for me to take up.

Also, do note that I am using a Windows PC running Windows 7 Professional.

All I want to do is be able to edit my GoPro videos and upload them to Youtube and Facebook. Here is my Youtube channel and this is all I can do: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCad...PO3HjM_gjWZPUQ

Hope to hear from you guys soon as to what you think is best.
    hold the phone!

if you are looking to do some nice videos we can help you out, but please note that "time lapse" is an art form of its own and you shouldn't expect to get it right on day one - Joe Lunchpail or Eddy Punchclock can pick up any old camera and make a video just like anybody can pick up a guitar and learn a song, but time lapse is like a violin - try picking one up and strumming a tune on it sometime

Yes, I understand it is an art and I am doing everything I am to learn as fast as possible.

I do appreciate your advise will pick up that guitar and strum gently.