Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need some help with editing video

Default Need some help with editing video

Hi, I want to improve the quality of an internet video. I thought that it could improve by converting the video to MPEG, WMV etc. But that didn't work out. Who can help me with editing?
    Send me a private message please.

?

ok Here is what to do

my way:
    - buy an iPhone 6 plus and use it to video all your stuff
    - download iMovie (free for iPhone 6), spend 30 minutes learning it, and start editing like a pro
    - download GarageBand (free for iPhone 6) and compose a track to go with your movie
    - download the YouTube capture app to upload your stuff
    - thank me later

the highway:
    - buy some boat anchor PC and borrow your 11-year old daughter's new DSLR
    - fiddle around with Windows moviemaker for a few months and get nowhere
    - download a trial copy of Adobe premiere elements and do the tutorials
    - post a bunch of inane questions here about why your video looks or sounds funny after you do X Y and Z
    - keep asking questions and fiddling until you give up and come around to "my way"

you can thank me now or thank me later - your choice

Zam

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    ?

ok Here is what to do

my way:
    - buy an iPhone 6 plus and use it to video all your stuff
    - download iMovie (free for iPhone 6), spend 30 minutes learning it, and start editing like a pro
    - download GarageBand (free for iPhone 6) and compose a track to go with your movie
    - download the YouTube capture app to upload your stuff
    - thank me later

the highway:
    - buy some boat anchor PC and borrow your 11-year old daughter's new DSLR
    - fiddle around with Windows moviemaker for a few months and get nowhere
    - download a trial copy of Adobe premiere elements and do the tutorials
    - post a bunch of inane questions here about why your video looks or sounds funny after you do X Y and Z
    - keep asking questions and fiddling until you give up and come around to "my way"

you can thank me now or thank me later - your choice

Zam
    Hi, I did what you say, I've got now Adobe Premiere. But would you please help me imroving the quality of my video?

Ok!

Do you have any samples on YouTube?

we can give you advice on improving them

Quote Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
    I thought that it could improve by converting the video to MPEG, WMV etc. But that didn't work out.
    Converting to another format will never improve the quality, the best you can hope for is to maintain the visual appearance for your final edit.

Please tell us more about what you mean by improving quality since there could be so many different things like:

Exposure / Lighting

Sound

Visual Noise

Shaky Picture

Bad Framing

Poor colour correction

The viewer's eye is distracted by other things

etc, etc, etc....

Give us a clue what you're looking for help with (and don't say all of it!).

And why did you need it as a private message? This forum is here to help everyone and many people learn by reading how others have been helped. If it was all in private there would be lots of questions but no answers
    Last edited by David Partington; 02-24-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Converting to another format will never improve the quality, the best you can hope for is to maintain the visual appearance for your final edit.

Please tell us more about what you mean by improving quality since there could be so many different things like:

• Exposure / Lighting

• Sound

• Visual Noise

• Shaky Picture

• Bad Framing

• Poor colour correction

• The viewer's eye is distracted by other things

etc, etc, etc....

Give us a clue what you're looking for help with (and don't say all of it!).

And why did you need it as a private message? This forum is here to help everyone and many people learn by reading how others have been helped. If it was all in private there would be lots of questions but no answers
    Allright thank you. It's all about this video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc3...gen_shortfilms I want her sharper focus you know what I mean? I don't know in which of your categories this belongs to

Allright thank you. It's all about this video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc3...gen_shortfilms I want her sharper focus you know what I mean? I don't know in which of your categories this belongs to
    So.....

1) What are you shooting with? (What Camera, What Resolution, What BitRate?)

2) Does the image look sharp when editing?

3) How are you exporting it (Codec, Resolutions, Bitrate) ?

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    So.....

1) What are you shooting with? (What Camera, What Resolution, What BitRate?)

2) Does the image look sharp when editing?

3) How are you exporting it (Codec, Resolutions, Bitrate) ?
    Well it's just an internet video, I didn't make it by myself. I just want to edit this video. The image is not sharp, that's the whole issue. Can you explain all those terms? I don't know anything about it.

Well it's just an internet video, I didn't make it by myself. I just want to edit this video. The image is not sharp, that's the whole issue. Can you explain all those terms? I don't know anything about it.
    Simple answer NO.

You can't add detail, you can't improve focus etc when it's not there in the first place. If anything you'll make it look worse.

Secondly, taking someone else's footage and editing it will likely break copyright laws etc. Of course you probably don't care, as seems to be the case with many people doing the same thing with other people's footage, but it's something I can't (won't) help you do. Sorry.

You will continue making amatuer quality video if you fail to edit with professional editing softwares like Adobe Premiere Pro or final cut for mac...adobe premier pro has a preset in its software called encoder for exporting an edited premiere pro work at high resolution with correct presets for different types of phones, youtube, vimeo, tv.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast