Thread: New Video Tool: Video Contact Sheets

Default New Video Tool: Video Contact Sheets; 1.2.1 Released w/ Improved Timestamps

Video Contact Sheets
    Light weight, open source tool for video evaluation and clip searching

I have created an application that takes any video file and generates a thumbnail composite video, which I call a video contact sheet. The composite video is composed of one hundred clips playing concurrently, each one 1% of the source video. This allows for quick and easy evaluation of the source file and convenient searching for desired clips within a lengthier video. The software already supports batch processing, so video contact sheets for large video archives may be generated without extensive user manipulation.

I am releasing this beta version to solicit feedback on bugs and requests for new features. Please post these in the project discussion forums.

Last edited by tyloniusfunk; 03-14-2015 at 08:38 AM.

Only for 64 bit then?.....

32-bit is in the cards, but it'll probably have to wait until next weekend.

VCS 1.1 has been released with improved memory management for 32-bit. It's still possible to run out of memory, but it's fairly useable now.

1.2 is released! Includes support for user input via .ini file. Currently output resolution and grid size are configurable, with more on the way.

This version also includes a new "thumbnail duration" feature that will automatically generate a grid size to result in the desired clip duration.

Thanks for posting this very useful free app... works fine here on Win7 32 bit now.
    Any chance of making the timing text white? (or perhaps even a selectable colour?....)

1.2.1 has been released with improved timestamp functionality, including selectable color. Thanks for your interest rogs!

Thanks .. the timestamps are now much easier to read..... great stuff!

I wonder if you might include a short 'readme' in the download, to explain that you need to drag your video clip over the .exe icon to start the function?
    If you just click on the .exe -- as I did at first -- then of course nothing happens.......