Thread: (Sony Vegas) How do I replace a part of video?

Default (Sony Vegas) How do I replace a part of video?

Query is - How do i replace a part of video say for example 0:05:00 to 00:05:10 in current video with a photo / another video without any change in the audio track??

Means i need the "original audio" to be "continued" in newly added video. Just video swapping without changing audio.

I am using Vegas.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mjp93 View Post
    Query is - How do i replace a part of video say for example 0:05:00 to 00:05:10 in current video with a photo / another video without any change in the audio track??

Means i need the "original audio" to be "continued" in newly added video. Just video swapping without changing audio.

I am using Vegas.
    Add a video track above the one you already have and add your new content there. The content in a higher track covers anything on a lower track. If the new content is video and has its own audio you can simply mute the new audio track. This is pretty much the basic way Vegas works, though there are endless variations.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    Add a video track above the one you already have and add your new content there. The content in a higher track covers anything on a lower track. If the new content is video and has its own audio you can simply mute the new audio track. This is pretty much the basic way Vegas works, though there are endless variations.
    This.
    I have done this a lot trying to clean up a video someone chopped into pieces and the audio got terribly out of sync a lot. I had a different version of the same video (well, event to be more accurate), so I used my version to stitch the other one back together and muted the bad audio track. I split up the video track from my copy and used the other as the original. Whenever I had to re-sync the video to the audio, I would just split the video track where it went out of sync and used mine to realign it. Wherever there was missing video in the one I wanted to use--there was quiet a bit of it--I would split mine up and use it.