Thread: Needing some honest critiques of my portfolio

Default Needing some honest critiques of my portfolio

Hey everyone.

I know I (very) rarely post on here haha, but I just started building my portfolio for online and would love some first thoughts. The website is http://www.austinnooe.com

I would appreciate to know your first opinions, what I'm missing that you would need to know and what you think isn't needed.

Note: I'm in the process of rebuilding my reel. It's three years old now (have had jobs since it was last created) and I am going to completely redo it. Also, here is my resume to compare it to the website. Thanks guys!

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

This is really a section for reviewing video - not websites. However one thing did stand out for me - IE & Chrome were OK but Firefox (35.0.1) just came up with a blank screen.
    Tim

Hey my apologies Tim. Read the different parts of the forum and didn't see one that really stood out to ask my question. And also, thanks for letting me know about Firefox. Didn't realize the page didn't load for it.

Which video should we be watching?

My intention was the top one (in the process of updating avid and my portfolio...) but i like them all so figured they could click on any one

The website looks good, but the first video is not a great job to catch serious clients... The editing is confuse (takes a while to get a reel feeling), there are serious problems of audio on some clips and many clips look like amateur high school stuff). If I was looking for a videographer to put my company in a video, your sample/example would not convince me that you are the guy I want.

Another thing that looks weird is mixing the BassPro job (that puts you in the profe$$ional world) with much smaller things like the kickstarter coment on the next video project or the "i went for a trip to Norway and...." at the photography section...