Thread: Vegas help - quick DV convert?

Default Vegas help - quick DV convert?

I have Vegas Studio HD11 and am looking for the quickest way to trim a 4gb M2T file into smaller chunks for a dv edit. I currently have project set at dv widescreen and take the original clip, cut at the points I need, drag clip down again and find other clips that I need from the main file, then render out as dv file, for further editing elsewhere - Is this the quickest way? it takes 14min for a 10 min clip. Not the fastest PC in the world, but it's what I'm working with at the mo.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Sorry Zero, I tend to edit all my source footage in its original state rather than transcode, so I've no experience of this.
    Tim

Thanks for taking the time to respond Tim!
    I've been asked to produce SDEs for a wedding company, which is, for the end result, played via DVD player. HD shots need converting to dv to edit in a separate, faster, DVD burning software, hence the dv files.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

I've not used it but those in the know over at the Sony Creative Software forum often recommend using Mpeg Streamclip for converting to DVnXD but it converts to many other formats. I'm thinking that for a more rapid solution which involved simply trimming and coberting, a solution outside of Vegas might be best.
    Tim