Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How to succeed reverb effect (Repeating sound)

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    A note on the audio you posted. There is evidence of "clipping" (where the audio signal goes above the maximum headroom available for something in the chain) and this is emphasised with the reverb.
    If this is because you've boosted the audio signal somewhere, you need to reduce it. If it's recorded like that, you'd do well to record again.
    In the days of analogue recording it was OK for the VU meters to hit the red occasionally - the distortion gradually increased the more you went into the red. With digital you NEVER want o touch the red as this means the signal is being clipped (you cannot go above 0db) which results in horrible distortion - straight away.

Also, if you think Vegas is complicated with audio this is because it is extremely flexible. Indeed it started out as an audio mixing program rather than video, so it borrows a lot from the analogue recording world, but has teh benefit of not being limited by physical connections, tracks and busses.
    Ah y that's because of the "dry", I can lower distrtortion but I just found the effect is more expressive like that, anyway I understood, I will lower it.

Quote Originally Posted by HighMax View Post
    Ah y that's because of the "dry", I can lower distrtortion but I just found the effect is more expressive like that, anyway I understood, I will lower it.
    Sorry actually it's not because of the dry it's because of "reverb out" I lowered it, it's clean now.

Also there's that simple question I still need it to be answered, does the reverb effect need to be applied also on the orignal first sound or only on delayed sounds/echoes/repetitions ?

Thx again, I am almost done with it.

3. Default

Also there's that simple question I still need it to be answered, does the reverb effect need to be applied also on the orignal first sound or only on delayed sounds/echoes/repetitions ?
    That's up to you.

Yes but I mean how is it usually done by pros ?

5. Default

Yes but I mean how is it usually done by pros ?
    It can be done either way depending on the desired effect. If I were doing it I would probably put some reverb on the original. But in the end that's a creative decision for you to make.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123