Thread: An Animation sequence.

Default An Animation sequence.

I had composed this music for a Drama/Paranormal short that i was planning (Hope to shoot this year).
    However; having an interest in Animation and CGI, decided to create this sequence to accompany the music... the bit on the end is something else i am playing with

Please note... although i use the logo "Mannering Media", i am NOT a professional... simply an amateur/hobbyist, but at the time of purchasing a domain name, it was either .COM or .CO.UK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXv7...I04ciNYJmMyKiQ

Cheers,
    Ian.
    Last edited by Mannering Media; 01-31-2015 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting, Ian. I found the animated images very interesting - slightly "otherworldly" or perhaps "enhanced reality" but I can definitely see a use for them. What software was used? Bryce? As we are ourselves human, we will always see faults in the modeling and animation of human characters and I wonder whether you'd do better to use a non-human family for any stories you plan to make. These looked like Poser animations? Correct?

As for the music, it was fine, but let down a bit by the strings samples. I suspect you need to use different samples for almost each note to get something sounding natural.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Thanks for posting, Ian. I found the animated images very interesting - slightly "otherworldly" or perhaps "enhanced reality" but I can definitely see a use for them. What software was used? Bryce? As we are ourselves human, we will always see faults in the modeling and animation of human characters and I wonder whether you'd do better to use a non-human family for any stories you plan to make. These looked like Poser animations? Correct?

As for the music, it was fine, but let down a bit by the strings samples. I suspect you need to use different samples for almost each note to get something sounding natural.
    Hi Tim, thank you for your comment.

The software for the "Garden" (My music composition) sequence was "Lumion" not Bryce, and the Family characters were done with Iclone5.
    The family animation is a comedy, and i feel that human characters are best suited to the plot, style and humour of the production...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mannering Media View Post
    The family animation is a comedy, and i feel that human characters are best suited to the plot, style and humour of the production...
    Well, plot trumps everything so go with the humans. I love the idea of mixing both ie inject an animated character into a real background like the recent "Paddington" (the most entertaining film I've seen for years - I highly recommend it) or real people into an animated background, but both of these involve understanding of both skill sets and then a further skill set specific to integration.

I trust you'll be showing us your series here, Ian.
    Tim

The beginning needs a bit more pace and some footage looked repetitive but nice overall.