Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Super quick question, been bugging me for YEARS!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009

    Default Super quick question, been bugging me for YEARS!

    Hi there, real quick question that hopefully any pro Editor can answer!

    I edit a lot of montages and video packages, and I wanted to know what you would call the loud crashing noises used in trailers are?

    3 examples are all on the hits at 2:33, 2:37, 2:40.

    Can anybody either point me to where these are or at the very least, what they’re called so I can go hunt for them myself? I’ve no problem putting in the leg work and finding them but I don’t even know what to call them and “sound effect” just gives me ducks quacking and door bells etc.

    Any ideas?


  2. #2


    Those noises are derived from explosion effects......there are literally hundreds of sites for those....this page is typical..

    (just hold your cursor over the image of each effect to hear it..)

  3. #3


    Could even be a door slam in a hallway.

Similar Threads

  1. Quick question
    By nickhe in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 08:32 PM
  2. Hey a quick question
    By JKG1069 in forum Adobe Premiere, Premiere Elements, and After Effects
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-04-2009, 07:28 PM
  3. Quick question
    By MadMatty08 in forum General video editing software help and advice
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-17-2008, 08:03 PM
  4. Quick Question
    By 459Productions in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 05:11 AM
  5. Quick question
    By drjimuk in forum Hardware Problems
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-13-2005, 12:32 PM


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts