Thread: pitching help

Default pitching help

Hi I am a student, and have applied to be the editor in a big project. The director has asked each applicant to write a paragraph explaining how I could benefit the film as an editor. Talk about inspirations etc. Could anybody give me advice just about the structure and terminology/rules of something like this?

thanks

i wouldn't worry too much about terminology and rules

why did you apply to be the editor on this project?

because I just enjoy editing, I feel it makes the piece and is the most important aspect. The piece is a sci fi about a crazy scientist in a lab. So Im not sure how I could explain my influences. Would the influences have to create to sic fi? how do you sell yourself as an editor?
    thanks for the reply

Think of a movie or video you saw where you felt that editing was the most important aspect - that is one of your "influences" - try to come up with three
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-28-2015 at 03:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by snikrap View Post
    because I just enjoy editing, I feel it makes the piece and is the most important aspect.
    That's already something you can write.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    That's already something you can write.
    And it's something I tend to agree with. If you want to look a bit artsy you can quote Russian filmmaker Vsevolod Pudovkin (1893-1953) “ONCE more I repeat, that editing is the creative force of filmic reality, and that nature provides only the raw material with which it works. That, precisely, is the relationship between editing and the film.”
    Tim

Probably also telling about your experience and/or giving the link to a showreel would add to your application.