Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sony vegas not compressing good enough for youtube

1. Default sony vegas not compressing good enough for youtube

Hi Ive recently been having a problem ever since I switched to miniDV rather than SD cards. The quality and everything is great but when I upload my video to youtube it always offsets the sound so its not matched up with the video and it get super compressed. I usually render in .wmv or .avi. I heard that this can be caused by having a high bitrate when rendering and Im wondering if that is correct and if anybody can help me solve this issue. I would like to be able to render in .avi so the quality is almost as good as how it was after capturing the tape.

Please link to an example.

Don't render to wmv

i didn't realize anybody was still using miniDV, but the resulting .avi files are fine although they are probably huge

If you convert your .avi files to MP4 (progressive) using streamclip, you will have small files and you can preserve decent quality

the youtube uploads should also be fine - although you need to make sure you are viewing them at maximum resolution (your YouTube may be defaulting to 240p)

there may also be an issue of interlaced vs progressive, because interlaced 720x480 is really just 240p so that's another problem

God only knows wy your sound is offset, but my guess is that the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard - eg you are trying to upload an 18GB .avi to YouTube or some such

you should try with a small movie (one minute)
    - convert it to an mp4
    - upload it to youtube
    - check for your sound problem

two bucks says it's gone
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-26-2015 at 02:17 AM.

4. Default

Trust me I have tried all of this and when I render to .mp4 in sony vegas the videos are alot lower quality and theyre not even very long videos. Usually 1-2 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Don't render to wmv

i didn't realize anybody was still using miniDV, but the resulting .avi files are fine although they are probably huge

If you convert your .avi files to MP4 (progressive) using streamclip, you will have small files and you can preserve decent quality

the youtube uploads should also be fine - although you need to make sure you are viewing them at maximum resolution (your YouTube may be defaulting to 240p)

there may also be an issue of interlaced vs progressive, because interlaced 720x480 is really just 240p so that's another problem

God only knows wy your sound is offset, but my guess is that the problem lies between the chair and the keyboard - eg you are trying to upload an 18GB .avi to YouTube or some such

you should try with a small movie (one minute)
    - convert it to an mp4
    - upload it to youtube
    - check for your sound problem

two bucks says it's gone

5. Default

Here you go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9xx...BfwZsAbqd0Xf5g I rendered in .mp4 and I can tell a big difference in quality compared to the raw dv file. You should definitely be able to hear how off the sound is. The sound is perfect after rendering but once its on youtube it becomes offset. Again any help to atleast get the audio to stay the way it was when i rendered it would be appreciated im not that worried about the quality loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Please link to an example.

6. Default

Also I was just reading a little about h.265 codec and I would like to know how (and if) this is easily usable yet as I havent looked into it much yet and I think that would help out as i lowers bitrate by like double the amount that h.264 does while retaining the same amount of quality loss as h.264

Blog Entries

Audio seems spot on from where I am. In fact I like the attention you've paid to syncing to the music.
    Tim

Same here - sound is fine - nice video
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-26-2015 at 01:25 PM.

9. Default

Thank you but it bothers me how off sync the sound from the camera is. You can easily hear it on the first clip where he lands on the ledge and you don't here the grinding sound until like a half second after. Maybe its just easier for me to notice since I'm so used to hearing biking related noises

Blog Entries

I've watched several times. The clap where he lands on the ledge is exactly in time with when he lands in the video. But, of course, I don't have an original to compare it with.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast