Thread: [SV11.0] How to fill up borders?

Default [SV11.0] How to fill up borders?

So I got a video file in 4:3 resolution, and since I don't like black borders, nor do I like stretching the video to make it fit wide-screen, I would like to fill up the borders with still images. The problem is that Sony Vegas refuses to let me put my image outside the border of the video clip itself. I have a 6:9 resolution background set which covers all of the screen (will be changed to black in the final project), yet the image that needs to go over it gets cut off even before the borders of the video itself on both left and right.
    Screenshot to show what I mean:

In short, what I want: Have the still image over the empty borders left/right of the video. How do I make this happen? While I do know some of the Sony Vegas basic editing tricks, I'm not really familiar with any of the more advanced stuff.

Blog Entries

the problem is that by default, Vegas will take the "shape" of the frame it is filling from the shape of the image.
    The solution is in the "Preset" box at the top of the screen, select the 16:9 preset. Then stretch and move the "F" frame to suit.
    Tim

Thanks, it is working now.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    the problem is that by default, Vegas will take the "shape" of the frame it is filling from the shape of the image.
    The solution is in the "Preset" box at the top of the screen, select the 16:9 preset. Then stretch and move the "F" frame to suit.
    you know this stuff better than those Sony hacks - have you thought of just telling them to hire you as the Vegas product manager?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    you know this stuff better than those Sony hacks - have you thought of just telling them to hire you as the Vegas product manager?
    Only if I can continue to pick the brains of the likes of Grazie, ZCheema, vkmast etc ...
    Tim