Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flicker

1. Default flicker

Using movie studio 11, full 1080p. I am trying to make a blu-ray disk with menus and 5 holiday video's. I have edited and rendered the but in DVDA some are without sound and some have a very bad flicker, other's seem fine. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royhuntington View Post
    Using movie studio 11, full 1080p. I am trying to make a blu-ray disk with menus and 5 holiday video's. I have edited and rendered the but in DVDA some are without sound and some have a very bad flicker, other's seem fine. Any ideas what I am doing wrong? Thanks.
    Those with no sound: Does anything display on the audio track in DVDA for those videos where the audio is missing? How did you render? Did you use one of the Blu-Ray Video Stream templates? If so you need also to render an audio (usually AC3) stream as well with exactly the same name (or if you use a different name you will need to specify it within DVDA).
    Flickcer? Have you actually created a BluRay or is his just within the DVDA Preview?
    Tim

3. Default

Thanks for the reply Tim, I have now sorted the sound problem by rendering the ac3. Just the flickering problem to get right. It seems I get the flickering after adding the audio in DVA.

Roy

4. Default

Sorry I didn't say this in the DVA preview, I haven't burned a disk yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by royhuntington View Post
    Sorry I didn't say this in the DVA preview, I haven't burned a disk yet.
    Then I'm sure you know what my next question will be
    Tim

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Then I'm sure you know what my next question will be
    you got me there tim, I haven''t got a clue

A wild guess, if I may. "Do you get the flickering, if you create a Blu-ray disc using a rewritable BD so as not to waste discs?"

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    A wild guess, if I may. "Do you get the flickering, if you create a Blu-ray disc using a rewritable BD so as not to waste discs?"
    Hi Tim, no not rewritable, verbatim 25gb 6x speed printable BD-R, I didnt get that far just DVA preview.

Blog Entries

You really need to burn a Blu-Ray and see if you get the flickering there as you might be trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. It's always worth investing in a rewritable Blu-Ray or two for test purposes.
    Tim

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You really need to burn a Blu-Ray and see if you get the flickering there as you might be trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. It's always worth investing in a rewritable Blu-Ray or two for test purposes.
    Thanks Tim ​ will give that a try on ordinary disk, fingers crossed ....Roy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast