Thread: What this part called? How do i do it?

Default What this part called? How do i do it?

I am a beginner in Vegas.

The youtubers often show this type of bar - that includes name, topic, user name, etc.

I know we can create this element and put text over it.

But if i want to keep this in all my videos, how do i make a PREDEFINED SETUP so that i just need to put this "namebar" in all my videos without creating it everytime from scratch.

Will be too glad to learn this.

Thanks.
    Last edited by mjp93; 01-17-2015 at 05:22 PM.

It's typically called a "lower third" and is where titles and information appear in the lower third of the picture.

There are many ways to do it, though I'm not a Vegas user, so I'm sure others will jump in with specifics.

The most simple way is to create a black solid that is cropped to the area you want, then reduce opacity (which gives it the semi-transparent look) then over lay some text.

There may well be some presets you can use, but Vegas users will have to jump in here and tell you more....

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    It's typically called a "lower third" and is where titles and information appear in the lower third of the picture.

There are many ways to do it, though I'm not a Vegas user, so I'm sure others will jump in with specifics.

The most simple way is to create a black solid that is cropped to the area you want, then reduce opacity (which gives it the semi-transparent look) then over lay some text.

There may well be some presets you can use, but Vegas users will have to jump in here and tell you more....
    I got your point and this is what in my mind. You too got my point about making it a preset to be used later for other video directly.

Thanks.

Blog Entries

This particular Vegas user would do it thus:

Create a track above the content video.
    Insert a generated media solid colour (probably black or grey).
    Use the pan and crop tool on the event to resize it.
    Lower the opacity of the the event to make it semi-transparent (alternatively change the opacity of the colour in the generated media tool)
    Use the normal text tools to create event(s) holding the text on tracks above.

With something as simple as this I probably would't save it, but if I had a much more complicated style I'd keep a small project with just this.

Then when I needed it in another Vegas projects, I'd open another instance of Vegas and simply copy and past the relevant events.

If I just wanted to save a graphic (without the text), perhaps with animation, I'd render it out as a video with transparent background.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    This particular Vegas user would do it thus:

Create a track above the content video.
    Insert a generated media solid colour (probably black or grey).
    Use the pan and crop tool on the event to resize it.
    Lower the opacity of the the event to make it semi-transparent (alternatively change the opacity of the colour in the generated media tool)
    Use the normal text tools to create event(s) holding the text on tracks above.

With something as simple as this I probably would't save it, but if I had a much more complicated style I'd keep a small project with just this.

Then when I needed it in another Vegas projects, I'd open another instance of Vegas and simply copy and past the relevant events.

If I just wanted to save a graphic (without the text), perhaps with animation, I'd render it out as a video with transparent background.
    Perfect - an transparent background without text.. Yes it can be used or a copy paste is too an nice option.

Thanks a lot.

Was thinking that we could save it as an template. But still this solution is good enough to help.