Thread: Metadata for Video

Default Metadata for Video

Hello all,

I will thank you in advance, any who may be able to offer advice for solving my problem.

I wish to take a series of personal video files from trips, and add a JPG image to the front of each file, so that when scanning through my Cloud files, I see an Image that I instantly know which video I am selecting to play at a touch. I want it to work exactly the same way that MP3's with their metadata showing the album covers as I scan through my library. That is the only real video editing I want to do, add an image to the file. I am using Windows 8 as my OS.

Thanks again for anyone helping me with figuring out what to use to achieve this effect.

Ham Channell.

2. Default

I just tried it in Vegas 6. It's simple to do, grab a frame and stick it on the beginning of the video. But I wonder if there's a loss of quality from re-compression. I didn't notice a loss but I didn't look that hard. The file rendered pretty fast which suggests that it wasn't being re-compressed.

Probably Sony Movie Studio would get it done. There are certainly many other options available.

Quote Originally Posted by bouldersoundguy View Post
    I just tried it in Vegas 6. It's simple to do, grab a frame and stick it on the beginning of the video. But I wonder if there's a loss of quality from re-compression. I didn't notice a loss but I didn't look that hard. The file rendered pretty fast which suggests that it wasn't being re-compressed.

Probably Sony Movie Studio would get it done. There are certainly many other options available.
    Thanks I will check that out and see how it goes.

Ham C.