Thread: How on earth do I do this effect (After effects)

1. Default How on earth do I do this effect (After effects)

Ok.. I know what I want to do.. but not quite sure how to do it... Alright. I want to be able to move cameras within a huge 3d space, let's say this space is a 'cube' and there are different pictures in certain parts of the room. I want to be able to take my camera and pan by these pictures in separate places within the room. How do I do this. When I use camera on a supposed '3d solid layer' it moves the entire layer as if it was flat and not 3d. Any ideas?

I use this example at :41 and also up to :46 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNensGPxdWc

How do I make this 'white void' and move through it? I understand the characters are masks, and are merely resized. But the camera not only moves through this white space, but it's as if it's a diagonal movement as well.. Please.. I need to figure out how to do this. Thanks. I know if anyone can help, it's you guys.

This is pretty standard After Affects camera move.

If you haven't watch "After Effects Apprentice" on Lynda.com (there's a series of 16 courses) then I suggest you do, it will explain it all.

Alternatively. look for free tutorials on After Effects, moving the camera in 3D.

You can also do this in Apple's Motion.

The back ground isn't a solid, it's made up of many layers placed in a 3D space that the camera moves through. Nothing is being 'resized', it's changing based on position and perspective of the camera.
    Last edited by David Partington; 01-11-2015 at 09:16 AM.