Thread: Capturing DV LIVE over 1394 with external audio source...?

Default Capturing DV LIVE over 1394 with external audio source...?

Hi, I'm trying to do live DV capture with video from a Panasonic PV-GS400 and audio from a Roland M-1000 mixer connected via USB (it's considered a sound card by the system)...the problem i've run into is i cannot seem to find video capture software that will allow me to use anything other than the embedded audio streaming from the camera...i need to be able to select the Roland as my sound input device...i must be missing something...any ideas?

i do realize that i could just connect a stereo mini from the Roland to the GS400's external mic input...but needless to say that is a less-than-ideal solution...

What exactly is this for?

Im not sure that there is any software that can do what you are looking for.

If possible you should take the video and audio in separetly and then edit them together afterwards. For this you might need to record your audio onto some other format first.

The only other way is to capture in analogue and take video out the camera into the capture device and the audio out of your roland unit into the capture device.

Why do you want to do this anyway?

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb

I'm actually making archival DVDs of church services...DVDs have to be ready the next day so alot of work in post isnt possible...

I would get a box that allows you to take line level into your camera. That way all the audio will be on the DV tape and all you have to do is capture and burn.

Nick
    Full Specs: 3.2 Pentium 4 Processor, 1Gb RAM 80Gb Root Drive, 120Gb Video Drive + another 160Gb external, Adobe Premiere Pro, Pinnacle liquid edition pro, ati radion 256mb