Thread: Extremely High FPS Video Creation - Sony VEgas

Question Extremely High FPS Video Creation - Sony VEgas

Hi. I'm new to this forum but I'm having real difficulty with this so any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance. So I'm making a gaming 'edit' if you will. For Counter-Strike don't know if many people here know but it's irrelevant.

My aim is to get a 600fps clip from Counter-Strike to use for extreme slomo's when using velocity in Sony Vegas. However, I'm struggling to get this 600fps clip.
    I've recorded the clip in game at 60fps at 10% speed. My idea was to then x10 speed to bring it up to 600fps (I think this should work). I would do this in Sony Vegas by using 'CTRL' + 'drag left' to speed it up to x4 then use velocity at 250% (or x2.5).
    This is where the problem arises. I can't created a project in Sony Vegas (or After Effects for that matter) at 600fps. Sony Vegas has a max of 120 and After Effects a max of 99. So my question is, is there a way around this? and if there is will it work?

Thanks again, Tom.
    Last edited by tomscrub; 01-06-2015 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Fragmovie

Quote Originally Posted by tomscrub View Post
    My aim is to get a 600fps clip from Counter-Strike to use for extreme slomo's when using velocity in Sony Vegas. However, I'm struggling to get this 600fps clip.
    Have you actually produced a video file at 600fps from your Game system? What is the format (the codecs used), the dimensions (width and height), duration and file size?
    If so, then I suspect that file may need to be converted before attempting to import into Vegas or Premiere.

Quote Originally Posted by tomscrub View Post
    I've recorded the clip in game at 60fps at 10% speed.
    Does that mean you recorded 60fps while the game was running at 10% speed? If not I'm not sure what you mean by it. Please clarify.

If you want the slo mo then you need to import your clip into a normal project and tell the editor your footage is 30fps - when you play it back you will have your extreme slo mo at the equivalent of 600fps

If you have already recorded at 10% speed you already have a slow mo. Don't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    If you have already recorded at 10% speed you already have a slow mo. Don't you ?
    yes but he wants to slow it down again by 2x, which means running his 60fps footage at 30fps - I don't know how you do this in Vegas - maybe create a 30fps project, then import the clip, then maybe slow the clip down by 1/2?
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-06-2015 at 11:58 PM.