Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Zey The Mouse Animation, Should i quit!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    Are you reffering to my very first clip i made in 2012!! which wasn't good that one!! The animation i made last yr april 2014, 'Flying a Kite' was a really good animation, i had a few problems with sound in areas, but apart from that, it was nice!
    I watched "Flying a kite". As a parent of a 3 year old, I've sat through many different kids programmes, and have a feel for what clicks with kids. My little girl loves "Sarah and Duck" and "Topsy and Tim", both of which are on the quirky side and are fairly old skool. My point was that I think you've spent a disproportionate amount of time creating your sets. This is a small part of the production, and counts for nothing if you don't get the rest right. I think you would benefit from developing techniques if you are serious about entering this into festivals.

Excellent advice

I understand what i have to do for future video that i make, to make sure the sound is up to scratch and also for the voices!! One making stop-motion will always be learning!!

working really hard on Ep 2!!!

I achieved the Distinction/Distinction/Distinction on my Btec National Diploma in Graphic Design, 7 rs ago later this yr, but feel that my creativity is useless to me!

Is my work and i mean my 'Artistic' abilites not good??
    Last edited by ianharding; 01-11-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Your artistry is already proven, as we can plainly see from your sets

i think what Marc is suggesting is that you need to apply just as much of artistry to all aspects of the production - in some cases you may need to learn a new technique to be able to do it, but you can do it

I will try!!, will be back on the forum again probably April time, and Thanks all

Blog Entries

The set construction and the technical side is very good. It's the "creative" bit which lets it down.

The script is weak, kids are just the same as adults and like to be told a story. It is the foundation of the whole movie and if that isn't right, then the rest is wobbly. You need to work on the storyline and sort out the characters' voices but the technical side is spot on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123