Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Zey The Mouse Animation, Should i quit!!!

Default Zey The Mouse Animation, Should i quit!!!

Deleted post.
    Last edited by ianharding; 07-26-2016 at 12:02 PM.

Blog Entries

When you say no-one is interested, do you mean no-one is interested in buying or no-one is interested in watching?
    If you enjoy making them for their own sake, then continue.
    If you enjoy making them for their own sake so long as others will watch them - then what avenues have you explored to get people watching? You can guarantee an audience of sorts by entering into festivals. As you are aware, you can also post on-line. If you want people to buy, then I guess you need to build up an audience first if there have been no takers so far.

I'd suggest tt's retro, rather than fresh or unique. We have a club member who makes animations "Captain Pugwash" style. He draws and colours (very well) scenes with characters with movable parts then films each scene in real time while voicing the characters live. This has a real appeal and goes down well wherever his films are shown. However, he has no expectation that there will ever be a market for it. He just loves creating something from nothing and can afford to spare the time to do it.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    When you say no-one is interested, do you mean no-one is interested in buying or no-one is interested in watching?
    If you enjoy making them for their own sake, then continue.
    If you enjoy making them for their own sake so long as others will watch them - then what avenues have you explored to get people watching? You can guarantee an audience of sorts by entering into festivals. As you are aware, you can also post on-line. If you want people to buy, then I guess you need to build up an audience first if there have been no takers so far.

I'd suggest tt's retro, rather than fresh or unique. We have a club member who makes animations "Captain Pugwash" style. He draws and colours (very well) scenes with characters with movable parts then films each scene in real time while voicing the characters live. This has a real appeal and goes down well wherever his films are shown. However, he has no expectation that there will ever be a market for it. He just loves creating something from nothing and can afford to spare the time to do it.

Hi, Tim, Happy New Year to you!!.

Ive been on a low, panicking, I enjoy making Zey, it's my passion the important thing's are that i like being creative it's what i live for, and have the chance to share and exhibit my work!
    no one has ever said any bad thing's, it's always been a positive response and the first episode has had over 4,370 views and been in 4 different papers and lots of different forums.
    I like to keep the retro style alive as i believe there should various different animations out there!!.

I need to re-explore the animation festivals again, and will look into it after filming completed for ep# 2!!!!

The 2nd episode 'The Prize Hat' has been partly filmed in October 2014 and the rest is about to be filmed.
    Last edited by ianharding; 01-02-2015 at 11:31 PM.

If you enjoy making the movies then keep on making them

audiences are fickle - sometimes they bite and sometimes they don't

ask yourself ... "If I was on a desert island all by myself, would I still make my movies, seal them in a bottle, and float them out to sea, never knowing if anybody was going to watch them, not even knowing if I was the last human being on earth?"

if the answer is "yes", then you are all set - as for myself, I will always make movies that hint not-so-subtly at the sexual orientation of everybody that has ever crossed my path - so I keep doing it, even if nobody ever watches them or bothers to comment on them - it's lonely being a creative genius, you just have to get used to the loneliness part
    Last edited by zamiotana; 01-03-2015 at 01:08 AM.

How can you say nobody is interested when you have 4k+ views?

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    How can you say nobody is interested when you have 4k+ views?
    !!!! Very true ... My most popular video only has 627 views

True, the video has been popular, and has regular views daily, which is nice! i guess i no longer know what to do to get it out there, as ive tired 3-4 different venues now!!
    i'm just tired and worn out, it gets too much sometimes. I'm going to look into marketing, so that will be on the agenda for this yr!

My experience is that it is very hard to get a single video to skyrocket. The more consistent high quality videos you have the more people will remember you and tell their friends.
    You can create content for specific re-occurring events (Xmas, Super Bowl, Olympics, ...) to profit from search peaks. Probably look up the law of large numbers - quantity matters!

Xxlray is correct! You just need to link Zey to a popular or current topic, like the Olympics

since your videos are story-based, I would suggest that not only the main story arc link to a popular topic but also any minor story arcs should link to popular or current topics as well

here is what I mean:

main arc:

Zey and his friends are the last survivors of a zombie apocalypse - you can call the movie "Last Stand at Chestnut Hall"

minor arcs:

arc1 - Timmy the nanny goat contracts mange and things get tense when the others suspect him of actually being infected with the zombie virus

arc2 - slim bob the garden slug and karma the chameleon arrange an 80s-style dance-off to pass the time during the long siege

if this works out let us know - zombies just came to mind but vampires are popular as well

Hey, Guy's, yes your both right!!, I know that zombies and horror are hugly watched online!! i could after episode 2, look into linking zey with events and thing's that go on in life, to maybe have a wider audience etc!
    i will have a big think, and thanks for the advice tips,

eg: maybe i could have zey dancing to a popular song, and make him dance groovy with a disco background or something, that would get him seen!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast