Thread: Looking for a cinematographer

Question Looking for a cinematographer

Greetings everyone!I am a music producer.I am trying really hard to find a cinematographer in order to create with me a team.Of course he will be paid although I have a low-buget.Together we will create a project and I am thinking of audio-visual releases of songs.I just can't find someone that will fit into the spirit and I don't know where to search.I have already worked on the direction.I need some fresh blood that will work with me with pleasure.I want it to be as proffesional as it can but also not that expensive and I do not know how to start.Any suggestions?!

The very first thing you need to do is let people know where in the world you are since it's pointless someone in (say) Scotland getting all excited about helping you if you're in (say) Brazil.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    The very first thing you need to do is let people know where in the world you are since it's pointless someone in (say) Scotland getting all excited about helping you if you're in (say) Brazil.
    That is totally right! Forgot about that :P I am from Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    That's an interesting point

Do we still need to be co-located in order to collaborate? Maybe. I'm not convinced either way.

i think editing can be done anywhere

the DOP probably needs to be near the camera - but that's more of a guideline
    Last edited by zamiotana; 12-30-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    That's an interesting point

Do we still need to be co-located in order to collaborate? Maybe. I'm not convinced either way.

i think editing can be done anywhere

the DOP probably needs to be near the camera - but that's more of a guideline
    That rather depends what you're shooting. For instance if they want you to shoot a band in Greece then the DOP / Cinematographer pretty much needs to be where the band is. Also, while you could transport the band and all their gear to Scotland, if you wanted outside shots then it's pretty hard to also transport the sunny weather and surrounding landscape from Greece to an over cast Scotland (I'm only using Scotland as an example).

The OP was asking for cinematographer collaboration, so while it's reasonable that they could come from anywhere in the world that's usually subject to budget availability, which the OP suggested was 'low'.

Once you have all the shots in the can then of course it can be edited and graded pretty much anywhere.

Thank you for your responses.I thought of myself too that the cinematographer must be Greek or someone near me and I totally agree that the editing could be done anywhere in the world.But I am really struggling to find a cinematographer here in Greece.I don't know where exactly to search.
    Last edited by Kazuality; 12-31-2014 at 03:55 PM.