Thread: any musicians here? - If so, Great app!!

Default any musicians here? - If so, Great app!!

After many years of buying sheet music, or printing lyrics/chords from the net. I've now downloaded a great app called SongBook. It converts songs from a .txt file (see chordie) and displays the lyrics, complete with chords (piano too) & chord diagrams if needed onto a tablet, in my case an android one. It autoscrolls the song as you play which is infinitely better than sheet music as (1) the font is larger (2) there's no flapping/turning of pages. Another cool thing is the key changer - It transposes any song into a key of your choice!!

Maybe I'm preaching to the already converted, but I'm seriously impressed!!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

Thanks for the headsup, Zero. It's been a while, but I keep getting tempted to make a comeback and treat the world to another of my performances
    Tim

It was for me too Tim - But now I have a bit more spare time, I've dragged the reluctant Ovation guitar out of it's case and found us both a new lease of life. I doubt if I'll ever gig again (I remember the frustration and pain), but if I ever did, (I've ordered a tablet mount to fit the music stand too) This would make real time word and chord prompts a breeze!
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

4. Default

Does it produce TAB for guitar ?

Nice, try TABS for the guiter been using that for a while (not free, Andriod)

Just getting back into playing my Acoustic Fender, that I got for my birthday back in the 80's

Hi Digger -Tabs and lyrics are obtained via 'Chordie', picking the song that has the 'chord' prefix - copy and paste the song into a word document, but save as a 'text' file. As my PC is XP (not speaking to my android tablet), I send the file via email to my tablet and open file which is, by default set to open in 'Songbook'. Brilliant! - allows song edits and instant key changes!