Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wedding video (using Premiere Pro *shock* *horror*)

Default Wedding video (using Premiere Pro *shock* *horror*)

Well, this is my first and probably last video I will put together using Premiere Pro. Not because I have any great aversion to it but that I had borrowed the system I used for this video. I have to say that I really missed using Liquid Edition but this is probably more down to the devil you know. I will say though that the fact I got a video edited in a program I have never used before (for a project) in one week is testimony to how easy Premiere Pro is to pickup and learn (gah!). I was a little underwhelmed though by the lack of some features which I had really taken for granted in my preferred editing software.

Still....here it is...warts and all.

Some comments

- no tripods were allowed in the service (bastards)
    - I had to sit where I was placed by the miserable bastards in the registry office
    - i have snipped the service somewhat to make the video more viewable by those more interested in the editing than the content
    - the woman in bright pink (looking like a rescue beacon) is my wife. She's also the one who nearly runs me over in the wedding car lol
    - the page boy is my eldest son (5)
    - the boy presenting the horseshoe is my youngest (3 in a couple of weeks)

Have fun and I truly welcome comments.

Wedding Video - 30MB in WMV format
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Iím sure the B & G will love it, because itís a tasteful record of the day. I think the transitions werenít always ideal, but they worked okay. The first, informal shots build it up nicely, and youíve judged the pacing very well, but IMO it really takes off from the confetti part, I love the way she bends to talk to your son.

Having seen some that just carry on interminably, I like the way youíve divided it up, wedding vidz should be in evenly separated chunks.

To me, English weddings are a funny mix - scary, sad, happy and worrying! Youíve made no errors of judgement that I can see, the whole piece is sensitively done. If I were the groom, Iíd give you a bonus.

Great feedback. I take on board all your comments.

To be honest I would have loved to have done more with some of the transitions during the montage (zooming in and blurring from one pic to zooming out and focusing on its replacement) but time and all that.

No bonus. They are friends and so I did it for free. I don't actually do weddings normally as it's not really the kind of videoing I am into (I prefer filming and editing action packed sporting videos)

Thanks again.
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

only worrie...sound..maybe a mic at the front???..save that for next time...any way good other wise!!!

Default nice

I liked the video very nice I was actually going to be filming my first wedding video soon so I am happy I got to look at something for ideas. Only thing I can say is shouldnt you of deinterlatced the scenes so that the Digital Video lines dont show up? If you need help with that let me know what video editing software you are using and I will glady help you.

Actually I did deinterlace the images but the compression of the video resulted in the serrated lines. When viewing the uncompressed AVI those lines are not apparent.

Thanks for the comments.
    Lloyd

Blog Entries

First off: I hate weddings. I just wish that churches would be more accommodating at times. Had to get that off my chest.

Those "interlaced artifacts" look like resized interlaced footage has been de-intelaced. It's not interlaced footage on progressive scan that's the problem. I'd have a wee look at you encode settings to make sure there's no "double deinterlacing" going on.

Marc, you could be and probably are spot on about the encode settings. To honest, I just took Premiere's default options just to churn out a quick wmv. On the actual DVD they don't appear so it all seems okay.

I hate weddings too. Really not what I enjoy videoing but as it was for some friends I felt I couldn't really say no. They love the video to bits so I am quite pleased about that.

The service was in a registry office and by christ they were the most miserable, unaccommodating bastards you could ever hope to never meet. I even got in touch with them a month before the wedding to introduce myself and see what I could negotiate with them for positiioning etc. They were rude and discourteous to say the least. I would have had a right old ding dong with them had it not been someone's wedding day.

To summarise:

They're arseholes!
    Lloyd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    They love the video to bits so I am quite pleased about that!
    ...and they're the only people that count.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters
    First off: I hate weddings. I just wish that churches would be more accommodating at times. .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast