Thread: How to do this? Please help..

Default How to do this? Please help..

Can someone please give me a short tutorial how to make this effect?
    I'll try to upload 3 examples. 1.MOV2.MOV3.MOV
    Attached Files Attached Files
    • File Type: mov 4.MOV (1.33 MB, 2 views)
    Last edited by Makita; 12-11-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Move your camera! Don't try to fix everything in post, get the different angles by moving the camera. However, you should also be shooting in manual mode to avoid getting exposure changes as it moves (as it does in these examples).

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Move your camera! Don't try to fix everything in post, get the different angles by moving the camera. However, you should also be shooting in manual mode to avoid getting exposure changes as it moves (as it does in these examples).
    Thank you for answer David, It looks like it been used two angles to shoot objects. But the hardest part how to edit these two shots? To get that smooth "anglechange"?
    I use Final cut pro(new beginner) or do I need other soft?

As an FCPX user you'll probably want to do this in motion and create an FCPX template so you can just drop the two shots on to the place holders within FCPX.

Learning motion is not that hard and I recommend Ripple Training. Motion is also cheap to buy.

Start by having the first frame run from 0% to about 60% of the shot, then the second from from about 40% to 100%. Add a cross fade between them.

But that's not all.

You'll need to warp the first frame horizontally (the controls are in Motion to do it) from it's initial position to a mid position (for the transition) and then the second from from it's warped position (at 40%) to it's final position at 100%.

Note these percentages are a starting point and you may want to tweak them.

Then warping the second one start with keyframes already set for the end position and work backwards when creating the keyframes.

Once you have the basics then just tune to taste.

As a template you'd then be cable to drop replacement files on to the placeholders for an easy change of scene.

Camera positioning will of course be important and need to be relatively constant in order to re=use the same template.

You could do the same thing manually in FCPX but you'd have to do it manually every time.

Thank you so much for all that info. Allright I'll get Motion I guess it must be Motion 5 on appstore. Ripple Training. All that that percents and stuff looks pretty hard for me now, so I will begin with Ripple training and see what I get learn of it.

Think of the % in terms of frames in the animation. So if the animation lasts 10 frames you would be looking to cross fade between frame 4 and 6 (as an example).