Thread: Im not good at Video Editing :(

Default Im not good at Video Editing :(

I found this video loop template I would like to use for my video. The problem is that by default, the template does not allow me to place multiple pictures inside of said template. How do I go about editing the default template I've downloaded, so I could instill the pictures as apart of the intro. I kind of want each picture to have some sort of slideshow presentation (not really). But the effects of the intro would make it so that it will show a picture, and then slowly transition into the next picture (all in 3d motion) I'm kind of bad at both video editing, and describing things so pardon me if this sounds a little confusing. Could someone help me with this problem ? The templates I got online and the background I would like to use is also apart of another template I got online if that helps.

megabump...

Note that this is a forum - not a chat.

Which video editor are you using?

What template?

So, you'd like help that you can't quite describe what you want, using an unnamed template from an unknown source within an unknown software package.

If you give us a while to read this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Practical-Mi...s=mind+reading then maybe we can help.

Alternatively, more details could be useful

I didn't realize I would have to explain the editing software I was using. I thought that if I displayed my problem, people would give me a blueprint as to what I should do.Ex. "You could use this program and do that to get this result." Like I said Im new to video editing and I am unaware of all of the mechanics that goes along with it, including the fact that explaining the type of editing software I would potentially use mattered. There was no need of being a sarcastic phaggot.
    Last edited by HelpMePlease123; 12-09-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Im using sony vegas and i plan on downloading cinema 3d (I think thats what its called). And Im a little confused as to what you mean by your former statement. Elaborate.
    Last edited by HelpMePlease123; 12-09-2014 at 10:31 PM.

The template i am using is from flixpress.com, and it's called "Icy Spin". Here's a link http://www.flixpress.com/AutomatedTe...s.aspx?catid=9

Quote Originally Posted by HelpMePlease123 View Post
    I didn't realize I would have to explain the editing software I was using.
    No two pieces of software are alike - so telling you how to do something in (say) After Effects, Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Motion, iMovie, Movie Maker, 3DS Max, Cinema 4D etc etc wouldn't even begin to help you in (say) Vegas. If people aren't using the same software as you then they're unlikely to be able to help, not even a little bit, when it comes to the finer technical details of how to do things, so you need to say what software you're using right up front.

I thought that if I displayed my problem, people would give me a blueprint as to what I should do. Ex. "You could use this program and do that to get this result."
    The problem with that is this type of software isn't cheap, so if you were using Microsoft Movie Maker and I gave you the blueprint but the software cost $5,000 would that be of any help to you? The usual followup question comes back something along the lines of "can you tell me where to get that $5,000 software for free?", to which the answer is of course no.

Here are two sets of advice:

Find some good video tutorials on Sony Vegas, invest the time to watch them and then see if you can figure out what is needed. There are some videos on YouTube for free of you could pay for tutorial sites. If you can't figure it out then come back with specific questions about a certain technique and provide the steps you've taken so far.

--OR--

Buy Adobe After Effects

Go to Lynda.com, get a subscription (for as little s $25) and watch the After Effects Apprentice courses (there are 16 of them) - to total maybe 40-50 hours. Sounds a lot but it's really nothing when you realise how much you learned in that time.

When you've watched the tutorials you will know exactly how to do what you want and won't need to use templates that don't quite do what you need.

Most people can't be bothered to do it the right way and hope for simple shortcuts. There really aren't any, other than finding a template that already does EXACTLY what you want. If you need to modify it then the chances are you are going to have to dig deeper in to the learning curve.

My guess is that's not quite what you were looking for, but forums like this are perfect for asking 'specifics'. Asking how to do something relatively complicated (especially without knowing which software is being used) is not something that can be answered in a simple 3 or 4 easy steps.

Of course we all wish it were that easy, but it isn't.

You could always go to one of the many sites offering to do this kind of work for you, and someone will probably be willing to modify that template for $25 or some other small fee. Google freelance motion graphics artists or other similar things.

Like I said Im new to video editing and I am unaware of all of the mechanics that goes along with it, including the fact that explaining the type of editing software I would potentially use mattered.
    If you are new then there is a lot more to learn that you could dream. Every piece of video editing and compositing and colour grading software is different. Every piece of editing and compositing software takes time to learn in order to do things other than really basic stuff. What you're asking is not basic, it's more advanced and takes time to learn.

There was no need of being a sarcastic phaggot.
    People only help people they 'want' to help so choose your next words carefully.
    Last edited by David Partington; 12-10-2014 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries

There was no need of being a sarcastic phaggot.
    2 mins browsing this forum will show that David Partington has posted hundreds of helpful responses to people of all skill levels. He posted in a humourous manner how difficult it is for us to provide help without relevant information and asked you to provide it. His sarcasm was clearly humourously intended - there was a winky smiley for crying out loud.

Do you really think that name calling is going to help your cause?

[Edit: David and I cross posted. He has clearly been more forgiving than I would have been]
    Tim