Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 70's themed music video with a chic, vintage beetle & marconiphone record player

1. Default 70s themed music video with a chic, vintage beetle & marconiphone record playerk

Hello, have a look at this new music video called YOU which is 70s themed and has a chick, vintage beetle & marconiphone record player, what more do you need
    Did we do it justice thou? let us know below.
    Thanks

YOU - (Official Video)

Chris Keys facebook https://www.facebook.com/chriskeysofficial
    Chris Keys Youtube https://www.youtube.com/chriskeysofficial
    Last edited by Muso1070; 12-08-2014 at 07:57 PM.

hmm, not sure about the wigs .... only thing that didnt work for me (apart from the dodgy wigs) was the shots of the band ... close ups were good but there was something not quite right about the shots of the whole band playing together.

i think you captured the feel good vibe of the track.
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

Blog Entries

Did someone have to wallpaper a room in order to make that? I suspect such wallpaper would go for a fortune nowadays.
    I echo what enc said. Something not quite right about the band - they looked rather like they'd just done the 29th take and the director had just asked them to go for another. To "comply" with 70's feel I think they should have looked either a bit more serious (like this is a really meaningful song man) or (preferred) over the top goofy "look we're having such fun".
    The shots of the couple in the car were great (where can you get to drive on the beach?), the band shots were OK, just not quite up to the standard of the car shots, feel wise.
    I imagine the band/singer was going for a retro inspired sound rather than a genuine 70's sound as the dead giveaway was the drums - big, post Peter Gabriel III, gated drums simply weren't heard of in times of such wallpaper. I really enjoyed the track and will listen to more.
    Tim

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    hmm, not sure about the wigs .... only thing that didnt work for me (apart from the dodgy wigs) was the shots of the band ... close ups were good but there was something not quite right about the shots of the whole band playing together.

i think you captured the feel good vibe of the track.
    Hey thanks, haha i know what you mean about the wigs!
    Just wouldn't have been possible any other way as our regular hair is not 70s and hi quality wigs are pretty expensive.
    I can let that one go, there not to bad either, i don't think anyway.

Cheers for the watching.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Did someone have to wallpaper a room in order to make that? I suspect such wallpaper would go for a fortune nowadays.
    I echo what enc said. Something not quite right about the band - they looked rather like they'd just done the 29th take and the director had just asked them to go for another. To "comply" with 70's feel I think they should have looked either a bit more serious (like this is a really meaningful song man) or (preferred) over the top goofy "look we're having such fun".
    The shots of the couple in the car were great (where can you get to drive on the beach?), the band shots were OK, just not quite up to the standard of the car shots, feel wise.
    I imagine the band/singer was going for a retro inspired sound rather than a genuine 70's sound as the dead giveaway was the drums - big, post Peter Gabriel III, gated drums simply weren't heard of in times of such wallpaper. I really enjoyed the track and will listen to more.
    Hi, cool i actually shot all the car stuff myself and someone else filmed while we were on stage.
    Got the wall paper from ebay and indeed had to wall paper spare room in the house.
    Yes good guess, i wrote and recorded the song first before coming up with the 70s idea thou the track had the vintage feel to it as you say, well spotted.
    Good to hear you enjoyed the tune

nice!
    How did you do the car shot on the beach?- what kit did you use?

I think you did a good job. I like the pace of the editing and the grading was fitting with the 70's look. Did it need the aspect ratio you gave it ? Not sure. When you do that you will find that you need to re frame some shots in post or heads can be chopped off or just to near the top of the frame ie you loose the rule of thirds framing etc. Or indeed feet chopping at the bottom. Perhaps the thing that enc & Tim noticed about the full band shots is that you wasn't behind the camera for them as I'm not sure what else you could have done with them.

I noticed a lot of effort went into making it. I think you did a very good job.

8. Default

Nice work! Like others have said some of the shots of the band don't work as well the rest of the production. Did you film the car shots on the back of a motorbike?

9. Default

Thanks Rod, had some one drive me along in another car and just hand held no kit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rod York View Post
    nice!
    How did you do the car shot on the beach?- what kit did you use?

10. Default

Hey thanks, I was told by someone to shoot at 24frames for some strange reason and that it would be better. Will be going back to 25, just to wide i agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I think you did a good job. I like the pace of the editing and the grading was fitting with the 70's look. Did it need the aspect ratio you gave it ? Not sure. When you do that you will find that you need to re frame some shots in post or heads can be chopped off or just to near the top of the frame ie you loose the rule of thirds framing etc. Or indeed feet chopping at the bottom. Perhaps the thing that enc & Tim noticed about the full band shots is that you wasn't behind the camera for them as I'm not sure what else you could have done with them.

I noticed a lot of effort went into making it. I think you did a very good job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast