Thread: how do i do this with premiere pro or after effects?

1. Default how do i do this with premiere pro or after effects?

Okay i have been editing with vegas pro for a few years and I decided to get Premiere pro because vegas is horrible with selecting a certain color for some reason and i know for a fact that premiere pro and after effects excel at this type of thing. I do have both premiere and ae but what i would like to figure out is how i can select a certain color in a video and turn the opacity of that color all the way down so the video under neath it shows through. In vegas i would do this by applying secondary color corrector then selecting the color and there is an opacity slider that you could slide all the way down. Can someone give me detailed information on how to do this in either editing software as i am a complete newcomer to premiere and do not use after effects very much? By the way i have both software in the cs6 version.

There may be several ways to do this. Here is one method:
    Create 3 tracks. At the bottom, place your background. Put your video onto the middle and top tracks. On the top track, use the Effect "Color Key" to select the color/tolerance/thin/feather. Then adjust the opacity level of the middle track.