Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello ?

1. Default Hello ?

Greetings folks ,
    I didn't see an introduction spot so I'm doing it here & also have a question about Pinnacle studio 15 .

2. Default

I was able to fully use my software to make videos until i refreshed my computer & had to re install it .
    It went successfully but I get this error when I try to drag clips from my camera on to the storyboard .
    I try to click the button it tells me to but then it says I'm not connected to the internet but I obviously am .

Thanks in advance , Gene .

I know nothing about that software, but I suspect that:
    a) The "Pinnacle studio 15" software needs to be activated. It may think this is a new installation of the software.
    b) The Computer is connected to the Internet, but:
    c) The 'activation' system tries to get a web page (from somewhere, perhaps the manufacturers) to input activation keys etc.
    d) The Web Server claims not to know anything about the page which was requested.

This kind of "Server error" "HTTP 404" is coming from their server. Not your PC.

That's what I think.

4. Default

Thank you so much for the reply , I will try to re enter the activation key & post back .

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I know nothing about that software, but I suspect that:
    a) The "Pinnacle studio 15" software needs to be activated. It may think this is a new installation of the software.
    b) The Computer is connected to the Internet, but:
    c) The 'activation' system tries to get a web page (from somewhere, perhaps the manufacturers) to input activation keys etc.
    d) The Web Server claims not to know anything about the page which was requested.

This kind of "Server error" "HTTP 404" is coming from their server. Not your PC.

That's what I think.

I've discovered that after the refresh , I have a list of removed apps .
    Turns out the original install is still there & I can't remove it
    Anyone have any advice on stuck software ?

What exactly do you mean by "refreshed my computer"

i once poured a red a bottle of red wine over my keyboard - is that what you mean?

if this is a Windows PC then you can go to "programs" in the control panel and uninstall your software - but none of the terms you are using correspond to either PC or Mac - is this an old East German computer that pre-dates reunification? If so you need to trash it and buy a new computer, then install your software on it

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    What exactly do you mean by "refreshed my computer"

i once poured a red a bottle of red wine over my keyboard - is that what you mean?

if this is a Windows PC then you can go to "programs" in the control panel and uninstall your software - but none of the terms you are using correspond to either PC or Mac - is this an old East German computer that pre-dates reunification? If so you need to trash it and buy a new computer, then install your software on it

My computer is not even 2 years old yet .
    Here's what I mean by " refreshed "
    After i did this my removed apps were sent to a folder but must have not been totally removed , I didn't realize this & tried to re-install Pinnacle 15 .
    The second install wouldn't run properly ( probably because the first one wasn't fully removed )
    Now when I go to uninstall it , I click either "change" or "uninstall" & I get the prompt that there's another version of this installed & cannot proceed until it's removed & I CAN'T remove it !

8. Default

Here's what happens :

Perhaps this Microsoft tool (see "Fix it") may help: http://support2.microsoft.com/mats/p..._and_uninstall

10. Default

thank you !
    Thank you !
    Thank you !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast