Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SAMURAI DEAD [a short zombie film]

1. Default SAMURAI DEAD [a short zombie film]

Hi everybody, my filmmaking buddies and I shot our first zombie webseries,"SAMURAI DEAD":

We shot everything with the Canon Rebel T4i + 18-135mm STM lens, a four-man crew, and a limited budget. We'd love to know what you think -- the good, the bad, and the ugly.

If you like our work, please subscribe to our YouTube channel. We'll be releasing the next episode next month!

https://www.youtube.com/glasspixelstudios

Thanks so much for your time!

Blog Entries

Zombie movies are not my cup of tea, but I thought this was very good all round. I think it looked spectacular and it goes to show that it's how you use you kit rather than what kit you have that counts. Excellent suspense. Wll done.
    Tim

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Zombie movies are not my cup of tea, but I thought this was very good all round. I think it looked spectacular and it goes to show that it's how you use you kit rather than what kit you have that counts. Excellent suspense. Wll done.
    Thanks for watching, Tim! Appreciate the kind words. Actually, we weren't very experienced with our rig when we filmed this episode. We paid the price in post -- spending gobs of time fixing our mistakes. Since then, we've learned a few things here and there and we're hoping to do a better job on our next episode.

4. Default

That Rebel looks great!! Like mentioned above you guys really got that suspense down

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hdocean View Post
    That Rebel looks great!! Like mentioned above you guys really got that suspense down
    Thanks for watching and commenting. Glad you found it suspenseful! The Rebel's a great camera. We got some Rokinon lenses for it, so we can't wait to shoot again!

Generally nice and absolutely fine for a start but please add a bit more plot for the next episodes. A dead soldier in a car on an open field with a can of beans still in his hands was a bit too constructed for my taste. I wonder why would he stop the car there and why is he holding that can.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    Generally nice and absolutely fine for a start but please add a bit more plot for the next episodes. A dead soldier in a car on an open field with a can of beans still in his hands was a bit too constructed for my taste. I wonder why would he stop the car there and why is he holding that can.
    Thanks for the feedback, XXLRay. I have to admit, if we were to do it over again, I would have focused more on the story. But at the time, my buddies and I were more concerned about visuals and creating a realistic zombie and setting (especially since this was our first zombie short). Hopefully, we'll do better in episode 2, story-wise.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glasspixelstudios View Post
    realistic zombie
    I can't help a laugh whenever I read that
    Tim

The video and audio worked together to keep me at the edge of my seat - great job

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    The video and audio worked together to keep me at the edge of my seat - great job
    Glad you liked our film and found it suspenseful. Thanks so much for watching and commenting!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast