Thread: Video cant fit into a 4.7GB DVD

Default Video cant fit into a 4.7GB DVD

Hello I'm a beginner with vegas pro 13 ,Normally when I render the final size of the video can't fit into a DVD,What settings do I need for rendering HD videos and finally burn them into a 4.7GB DVD,please kindly assist

You need to adjust the bitrate to make the content fit on a DVD. Vegas Pro Tools > Burn Disc does not give you a chance to change the bitrate, so you need to use the appropriate DVD Architect compliant templates in File > Render as. You can change the bitrate as needed in Customize Template.

Use a bitrate calculator. A "trivial formula" is: Total bitrate = 600 / minutes. Subtract your audio bitrate (.2Mb/s for typical AC3), and you have your average video bitrate number. http://www.johncline.com/bitcalc110.zip

The tutorial below shows what you need.
    https://www.moviestudiozen.com/free-...deo-onto-a-dvd

And use only Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim (not the Life series) DVD blanks. May be a bit more expensive but generally considered to be the most reliable discs.
    Get a couple of rewritable DVD blanks while you practise.
    Last edited by vkmast; 11-18-2014 at 09:50 AM.

Thanks-vkmast, I will get back to you the tutorial is helpful

There's all that stuff that vkmast said which is right. BUT make sure you are rendering the video to a standard definition format. Use the DVD Architect mpeg2 template for your region. So long as the video isn't about 2hrs long you should be able to get it to fit on a DVD.

SOme SV templates here to get those long videos onto DVD-A
    I render the audio separately as AC3

http://www.sonyvegas.co.uk/render-templates-for-dvd/

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    SOme SV templates here to get those long videos onto DVD-A
    I render the audio separately as AC3
    http://www.sonyvegas.co.uk/render-templates-for-dvd/
    Thanks alot Z Cheema I've taken up the snaps

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    There's all that stuff that vkmast said which is right. BUT make sure you are rendering the video to a standard definition format. Use the DVD Architect mpeg2 template for your region. So long as the video isn't about 2hrs long you should be able to get it to fit on a DVD.

I'm getting you so well Midnight Blue but the only thing I don't understand is the mpeg2 template we use in our region,I'm from Kenya Africa.Kindly if you have an Idea please help know coz I'm totally green on this sincerely

Blog Entries

Kenya is PAL

Choose the PAL DVD Architect video stream (widescreen or not), then render the audio stream separately as an AC3 stream. Give both files the same name (before the .ac3 and .mpg extension) and DVD Architect will automatically pick up one when you specify the other.

Then adjust the PAL DVD Architect template bit rate until you get something that fits (use the calculator mentioned above to get a rough idea)
    Last edited by TimStannard; 11-21-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    Tim

Tim, if you change the bitrate in DVD Architect instead of Vegas Pro/Movie Studio, doesn't the DVD Architect Fit to Disc recompress again?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    Tim, if you change the bitrate in DVD Architect instead of Vegas Pro/Movie Studio, doesn't the DVD Architect Fit to Disc recompress again?
    Yes it does. Sorry I was not at all clear - I meant change the bitrate in Vegas in the DVDA Template.

Apologies for misleading.
    Tim