Thread: New editing PC>>

Question New editing PC>>

I have question about this composition..

Corsair Carbide SPEC-01 RED LED, ATX
    MSI B85-G43 Gaming S1150 4xDDR3 ATX
    Intel Core i5-4690, 3.5Ghz, TB 3.9Ghz, 6MB, S1150

Corsair Hydro Series H55, 120mm
    Crucial SSD MX100, 256GB, SATA3
    WD Blue 1TB 7200rpm 64MB SATA3
    MSI GeForce GTX750 Ti, 2048MB, Gaming
    LG 23M45H 23"WideLED, FHD, 5ms, D-Sub/HDMI
    Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800
    2x Ballistix Sport 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz CL9
    Corsair CX430, 430W
    2x Extra Corsair AF120, 120mm, 1500rpm, Red
    MS Windows 8.1
    2x Lite-On iHAS124, DVD Read/DVD Write, black, OEM
    TP-LINK TL-WDN3800 adapter PCIe 802.11a/b/g/n
    Is this enough for video editing with Cyberlink PowerDirector 12 and multitasking with Adobe Photoshop for the video editing and play a nice song under photo editing on youtube like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44XYEeD1A1U haha

What u think guys?

83 views maybe an couple seniors.. and don't want to help new forum member? Realy pity.

someone?..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Perry- View Post
    83 views maybe an couple seniors.. and don't want to help new forum member? Realy pity.

someone?..
    From what I know of the other seniors, like me they do not use Power Director and therefore probably don't feel qualified to comment because bad advice (especially from someone who is possibly respected) is worse than no advice.

As a general purpose video editing machine it looks OK (though I've only experience of low end MSI boards so cannot possibly comment on that. I don't know how much video you do and what formats but 1TB seems a bit of a waste as 2TB drives won't cost you much more. I'd be inclined to have at least two hard drive (one for source footage and one for renders) and a caddy system for more.

But you may prefer to keep all your footage on a USB drive or a NAS or a server ...

I see no need to have 2 DVD writers. And I'd be inclined to get BluRay instead - you never know when you might need to create one.

I'd be going for a punchier CPU, but that's becuase Vegas (what I use) is questionable when it comes to GPU rendering.
    Tim

4. Default

What video format are you editing 4k Raw, HD, SD etc? Are you adding After Effects or 3d elements? These all play into what you need.
    Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Cat Media View Post
    What video format are you editing 4k Raw, HD, SD etc? Are you adding After Effects or 3d elements? These all play into what you need.
    Regards
    Rob
    I have Always edited with Adobe, but i stop with adobe caus it was chaotic program. Now a month futer i have buyed Cyberlink after a trail and its goes so smooth but my pc is to weak to render and export it.

the format i use is MOV. i film raw on my canon Full HD 1080p realy large files but my camera shoots in 25Fps and other gopro's in 30 and 59.9 Fps, the effect are in the program and for color and more i use colordirector.

Thanks for helping

6. Default

Sorry is this your current pc causing issues or a new spec you want to buy? If you are buying new I always go for the best processor and ram I can budget for (the more the better).
    Regards
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Cat Media View Post
    Sorry is this your current pc causing issues or a new spec you want to buy? If you are buying new I always go for the best processor and ram I can budget for (the more the better).
    Regards
    Rob
    The plan was to buy a new one.. Okay but i have a question about a processor and ram

Alot people say 8 GB is enhoug and others says No more is better But is 16 GB RAM not enhoug?

And a Core I5 3.50GHZ Turbo Boost 3.90Ghz 4 Cores VS Core I7 3.60Ghz Turbo Boost 4.00Ghz 4 Cores Is see only 0.10 more vs the I5 Not a big difrents.. :P