Thread: Liquid Edtion 6.1 Time Line Properies

Default Liquid Edtion 6.1 Time Line Properies

Have just upgraded to 6.1, can anyone tell me the setting in the timeline properties for a Sony HDV HDR-FX1E :cry:

I'm not sure what you mean. The timeline properties are what you want the output of the sequence to be and have no bearing over the input. Can you explain what problem you are experiencing?
    Lloyd

That's my opinion. If you don't like it I have others

System: Apple Macbook Pro 17, and an external Freecom 500GB eSATA drive.
    Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Quote Originally Posted by LJR
    I'm not sure what you mean. The timeline properties are what you want the output of the sequence to be and have no bearing over the input. Can you explain what problem you are experiencing?
    Thanks for looking at my problum.

I am trying to export project on the timeline to tape, back to my camera, as my new Sony DRU-800A DVD burner is not compatible with Edition 6.1 or 5. When I try to export the project to tape from the timeline I get nothing with 6.1, Pinnacle support says itís the timeline properties that are wrong, tried a combination of timeline settings, but I think it's the program, Yesterday, I put Edition 5 on to the computer, loaded the project from 6.1 and exported the Project/timeline to tape without any problems, the timeline properties 5 and 6.1 are very different, hope you can help.
    Thanks, Charles

Oh I see, you are exporting back to your HDV camera.

Interesting and not something I have done or can do (as I don't have a HDV camcorder you lucky sod). However, let me do some investigation into this for you. It will be later as I am at work at the moment.
    Lloyd

Software: Final Cut Studio 2 (FCP 6, Motion 3, Soundtrack Pro 2, Color, DVD Studio Pro 4, Compressor 3), Sonicfire Pro 4.5
    Favourite Resources: Findsounds.com, Free DVD menus, Ken Stone's FCP Page, Wikivid

Hi Lloyd

Thanks for the trouble in replying so quick, today I have pulled the last of my hair out of my head with 6.1 pinnacle, support lines a constantly engaged. I think Pinnacle is a fantastic program and has transformed editing. have they gone a step too far with HDV. I know it's in infancy (HDV) but would exspect better from Pinnacle, Thanks Lloyd for your interst. A problum shared is problum halved.

Charles

Okay I looked at the specs for your camera and then the options in the Timeline properties and I would suggest the preset of HDV 1080/50i as the setting you need. Worse case is that you would need to change the field dominance from Upper to Lower but I think HDV 1080/50i is upper field first and although I couldn't find that listed in the specs for your camera I am sure that would be the case.

In short, the preset HDV 180/50i should do the trick.
    Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

Thanks alot, I've got it.

I have set the control panel System settings I have input/output set Video output to 1394 and MPEG output format : HDV2 / 50, have set timeline as you said , all is now fine, all I have to do is do a burn, see how I go on with this as I have never made a DVD, the burner's I have have had never been comparterble, now I have got the patch for my Sony DRU_800A, If I struggle can I contact you on the forum. Thanks Charles

Try burning an image to hard disc ( eg iso) then outside Le 6.1 use Nero or similar software to get your burner to burn image to disc. If it works it is a tidy workaround and you can make multiple copies of your project b4 delettng it :o
    Where greatness is possible excellence is not enough