Thread: Dropped my Nikon 1 30 meters (98 ft)

Default Dropped my Nikon 1 30 meters (98 ft)

I placed my Nikon 1 on a high building to take a timelapse of the passing clouds. It was very windy and although I though I chose a protected place a gust blew the tripod at the handrail. The camera must have released the plate lock with its own weight as it slid off (imagine slow motion here) as I carefully tried to rescue it, fell on the balcony bounced and made its way 10 floors down.
    The lens broke off, the lens hood is shattered, the filter was reparable but the body case is totally distorted and broken. I could safe the SD card with old footage. Interestingly the electronics still work but the mechanics not so much ... :(

Blog Entries

I feel your pain. Sad times.
    Tim

que merda!!

Blog Entries

That sucks!!

Thanks for the condolences

I am always thinking about if I could have done something differently but I think sh... just hit the fan. Of course I could have left the camera at home but that would have been a very boring video ...

I already sent it to Nikon's repair service and will see if that results in a good laugh or a repaired camera.

If you are interested in images you can have a look at my blog post about it: http://t3tipstrickstests.blogspot.co...0-crashed.html