Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Videos I upload stutter on Youtube, can anybody plz help me ?

Question The Videos I upload stutter on Youtube, can anybody plz help me ?

Hello!

Im trying to help a friend who´s a Video-Editor (unfortunately hes not so good in solvin problems bye searching for help in forums)

He rendered a video with vegas in 1080p with 25 frames. Then he uploads the video on youtube and watches it in Firefox-Browser it stutters. He sees this for example in scenes there he has a tracking shot from side to side.

If we now download this video from youtube again and watch it on computer it looks normal, without stuttering!!! (So it maybe is some kind of konflikt with the file & the player)

I dont know if this is perhaps an flashplayer issue, but if he uploads the same video on vimeo.com it has no stuttering at all !! (vimeo dont uses flashplayer)

Is there a chance we can find this problem together or get closer to it? Im can give you further informations (like all exact rendering settings etc) if I get an advice here. Im not so fit in video-editing/codec-settings, im only a tech-nerd when it comes to computers/elektronics in general.

I tryed to analyze what exactly youtube does then converting the video, so we tryed a workaround, bye rendering the video that way youtube uses in his outputformat.....with no success.

Some people on the internet told some things about stuttering-problems in combination with 60hz monitors and 25frames videomaterial, but that seems not to be the problem here, as I have the same issue on my 120hz screen. The stuttering is like the video hangs some times (audio is ok) and jumps few ms so you have no smooth side2side swing. Also it has no periodic pattern.

THX 4 any help

sry if my english is not on point :P

greetings from germany

revnu

EDIT: Forgot to say: It's not a performanceproblem. We both have good workstations

EDIT2: the original footage was taken with 50 frames, but he rendered it in 25 frames, as youtube dont likes 50 and converts it to 25
    Last edited by revnu; 10-29-2014 at 02:34 PM.

You could give a link and name the time stamp where you notice stutter.

Did you try to watch under other "resolutions"? 1080, 720, 480..... Also try to let it load more than 50% before you hit play... Send the link so we can get a bigger sample of watchers and see if it´s a problem at YT or at your end.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    You could give a link and name the time stamp where you notice stutter.

Hi and thx 4 your reply,

here's a small sample

From second 3-5 you see the panels at the wall. If we play the orginal file this motion is 100% smooth, without micro-stops between.

So before uploading it it is smooth. And even if we download the downcoded youtube file this runs smooth. So something is strange then the flashplayer runs this file. It is like frames are eaten in some way.

So as a workaround we tried to feed youtube with different version to see, if we could influence this effect.

greetz revnu

Can anyone reproduce the effect ?

So perhaps it helps if you download this sample from youtube, play it in a offline media-player and compare the smoothness.

So normally if you do that it must be the same like I see: stuttering on youtube, smooth in offline-player.

greetz revnu

I have some stuttering in visuals and audio from loading issue but I guess that's not what you mean.

Question strange, on tablet it runs smooth ?!

I have some stuttering in visuals and audio from loading issue but I guess that's not what you mean.
    no, if that happens the vid is already fully loaded.

I have a new info and now the confusion is perfect:

My friend just called me and told me, that it runs perfectly smooth then he watches it on youtube on his tablet ?!?

As I understood it he makes a little commercial for a little local company and he was a little bit stressed about the fact, that he edited good work, with smooth slides, but if watched on youtube (at least on Desktop Computers, even with 120hz monitors) the picture has aperiodic micro-stuttering.

At least we realized it on our machines, perhaps we have something in common in config, that causes that (I arranged his workstation)

Anyone can confirm this strange behavior ?

greetz revnu

It may highly depend on browser and flash versions.

Blog Entries

I get the stutter on both the desktop (three different browsers, flash up to date) and an iPad Air (it's less perceptible on the iPad, but it's still there).
    i7 2600K @ 3.5GHz, GTX560 2GB, 60Mbps internet.
    Tim

It may highly depend on browser and flash versions.
    The (adobe) Flashplayer and the Firefox Browser are both up2date.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I get the stutter on both the desktop (three different browsers, flash up to date) and an iPad Air (it's less perceptible on the iPad, but it's still there).
    i7 2600K @ 3.5GHz, GTX560 2GB, 60Mbps internet.
    I first thought, that it maybe has something to do with different refresh rates of displays in combination with framerates of the fottage But for now I really think it could be some kind of conflict that the flashplayer has, then playing the downcoded youtubefile.

Im going to upload the same sample on vimeo.....for some strange reason we have no stuttering here!! Itz also not flashplayer on this side. So maybe we could determin the problem that way.

From my intuition I think, that the flashplayer is not a such competent player then it comes to fluid movements. But that normally has to implicate that there is no fluid video on youtube at all, and afaik thats not true. So there must be a way to accomplish this.

greetz revnu

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast