Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blender animation

1. Default Blender animation

I made this as a test for future work (and just for fun) to try and combine 3d animation using Blender with real footage. The theme is a bit abstract but meant to give the impression of searching/ trying to get home.

Blends in really well apart maybe at 0:22. The movement is a bit stiff but may be wanted for the character.

That's a great start! How easy / difficult is Blender to learn? I am thinking about being able to put cars into scenes.

What is the learning time /curve?
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

This looks great! I can see a story going on already.... Does he fall in love with the wind-turbine?? One detail that got my attention is that the "guy" is always too close to the top of the "enquadramento" (english???). Head-space.... oh, can´t remember the words in english... Tim Stannard will help me here as he always point this problem on my videos!!!

Blog Entries

Head space it is, Tony. (Not enough of it in this case) But ....

Wow! I thought this was superb. You seemed to get the depth of field just right, the feet on the field disappearing into the grass - all excellent. I've spent a couple of hours with basic beginner Blender tutorials and even those left me scratching my head and I gave up pursuing that as a direction so I really admire anyone who can get their head around 3D work - especially if they can integrate it so successfully into real footage.
    Tim

6. Default

Thanks very much for the feedback! I opted for the cliche cinemascope crop which resulted in a hit on the head space. I really like Blender but its a pain to learn! I actually found it easier to work with one character, match the camera angle then export with a transparent background for composite work in AE than trying to build a full 3d environment! If you stick with the tutourials to get the basics then go to http://www.blendswap.com/ download a few models and play around you will get your head around it.
    Cheers
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by RDLphoto View Post
    Thanks very much for the feedback! I opted for the cliche cinemascope crop which resulted in a hit on the head space. I really like Blender but its a pain to learn! I actually found it easier to work with one character, match the camera angle then export with a transparent background for composite work in AE than trying to build a full 3d environment! If you stick with the tutourials to get the basics then go to http://www.blendswap.com/ download a few models and play around you will get your head around it.
    Cheers
    Rob
    Good job. What program did you use to accomplish the motion tracking of the Blender character with the unsteady live action footage?

Motion tracking can be done directly in blender:

9. Default

As XXLRay says you can do it in Blender but I used Mocha that comes with After Effects

Thanks Tim...head space!
    ----------------

I feel so stupid on these 3D threads!!! And the worst part is that I know that I´ll stay stupid on these things for the next 30 years!!! Dammmmm.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast