Thread: Labels For DVDs

1. Default Labels For DVDs

Hello All,
    I was going to use the standard DVD labels but someone told me the speed the players get up to can cause a lot of heat causing paper to get into the machine. I did once get a label printed directly onto the disk but it was quite expensive, just wondered what your thoughts are?

Thank you as always,

Best wishes
    Graeme

For my non-professional purposes I use (mostly "water-resistant ") white inkjet printable dvd blanks, even though the printed surfaces are not likely to last as long as the professionally pressed retail DVDs. I never use labels on DVDs. For me, they're not too user-friendly and I pretty much agree with the reasons given and the conclusions drawn on the subject in this discussion on another forum.

Taiyo Yuden Water Shield discs are the only ones I'll use for professional delivery.

Labels are bad news especially for laptops and iMacs with slot drives.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Taiyo Yuden Water Shield discs are the only ones I'll use for professional delivery.
    Ditto for my amateur delivery. And TY standard white face printable for they less critical stuff - less critical in appearance that is, not the quality of the burn (they're about half the price).
    Tim

5. Default

Don't think my last post appeared, can you get an adaptation for a printer to feed the disks if you want them printed directly?

Thank you

Yes, but don't ask me for current models since they seem to change every 5 minutes.... look for ones that can print on CD/DVD, there should be some still out there.

At least Canon still seems to have models with the CD/DVD tray, probably Epson as well. I use an older Canon model. My oldest Canon inkjet printed glossy Taiyo Yuden Watershields (16x, MID TYG03) as well as a bit less glossy Verbatim Waterproofs (8x, MID MCC02RG20) are more than 3 years old and in excellent condition. Recheck in a couple of years