Hi Guys,

I have been googling and reading for ages, read a lot of opinions about this, but could not find the answer to my question, maybe you could help out.

Basically, I have an 27" Imac with:

Processor 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB

I work with After Effects and Premiere, occasionally dabbing into Cinema 4d, I use a lot of Element 3d and work alot with video.
My iMac seems ok, maybe I am expecting too much from it, but If my composition starts to be complicated, with Trapcode particular, Optical flares, then AFX slows down quite a bit. Am I expecting too much performance from my machine?

And now the most important question. I have come to the stage where I have to be on the move, so I am in need of a laptop, which should be at least as powerful as my Imac.

I am looking at something like this:

Dell Precision M6800
Intel® Core™ i7-4910MQ Processor (Quad Core 2.90GHz, 3.90GHz Turbo, 8MB 47W, w/HD Graphics 4600)
16GB6 DDR3L at 1600MHz
256GB 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive
2tb 7200rmp Hard Drive
NVIDIA® Quadro® K4100M w/4GB GDDR5

The above is about £2000, so I would have to sell my Imac to get this.
Would a laptop like this perform well? I understand that a desktop workstation will always be better, but I am happy as long it would perform at least as good as my Imac.

Another option I have in mind is a compact pc:

Mini ITX - BitFenix Prodigy
Intel i7 4790K - (4 x 4.0 GHZ) - Haswell
Corsair Vengeance Pro Red 16GB PC3-19200 2400 MHz (2x8GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - 4 GB - (MSI) - (PCI-E)
With both a 7200rpm 2tb, and a 250gb SSD.

I have always worked with macs, so I am really scared to switch to windows, but these computers blow my Imac out of the water, according to their specs.

Is Windows possible to work with smoothly, with no lagging or handing, is it as stable and reliable as Mac OSX? Is the notion that a PC will overheat, overclog a myth? Its a very important step in my career, as I would have to sell my Imac and switch to Windows straight away...

Please advise

Thank you.