Thread: Rough cut

Default Rough cut

After fighting illness for the best part of a year (I have hospitals), did my first shoot at the weekend. Still in rough cut mode so all ideas are more than welcome:
    Password: Kate

Three points:

- Needs to be coloured. We're going for 'glowing' look (you'll see what I mean)
    - Music needs to be pulled and replaced. This is just a placeholder for royalties reasons.
    - Still a rough cut and thinking about this.

What do you think? This is still in a rough cut stage so any ideas are more than welcome.
    "80% of success is turning up" - Woody Allen

The opening shot is not perfectly leveled. Similar for later shots from the same perspective. Check for the vertical lines.
    A close-up of the feet could have been nice at 1:38
    I actually liked the music

Thanks. I love the music but can't afford it so need to pull and replace. Will check vertical lines and see how far out this is on a big screen if I can get my hands on one.

As an uninterested observer who doesn't know me and has zero personal connection, what do you think? I know it still needs to be coloured etc... but do you feel any emotion / feeling when you watch it? Where does this die off and return (if it is there?) Any shots you see and think... 'that's so amateur...' etc...?

I am really not into ballet but I could watch the video all the way through. You can take this as a compliment I guess. Apart from the vertical lines it looked absolutely fine for me.

Hi Ray

Thanks for the comment and it's good to know. Three elements which will be changed:

1. Unhappy with a couple of the edits which could be better
    2. Increase camera movement, especially when this is crescendoing
    3. Get the colouring right, particularly the background 'glow.'

These are minimum areas and I have another one, more contemporary, to complete as well!