Thread: PC 'hangs' whilst copying/rendering DVD

Default PC 'hangs' whilst copying/rendering DVD

I'm new to video cameras and editing. I am trying to capture the footage from my recent holiday onto two dvds. I am using pinacle studio 9. I tried to put all of the data onto one DVD but the programme advised that the file was too big for the DVD. I've now wasted about 5 dvd disks! I set it going on 'make disk' and it keeps freezing at the same point! So, I deleted the frame where it kept stopping (thinking there may be some sort of glitch on it, and now it freezes at the frame after that! I could just play the movie on the PC, but that's not the point at all. Any ideas from anyone. I'm using DVD R+RW disks and have updated windows with the latest updates.

Alison

Hi
    copy half your film to the hard drive or just a small test film, do your edit. Before you render, defrag your hard drive, reboot, then close all firewalls down including the windows firewall, now do the render, rendering needs to be perfect and takes power, rendering with the firewall on is a problum and can hang the computer. If that does not work You may be short of memory, the more you have the better. good luck.
    Charles

have you updated to ver. 9.4.3, try that also

I've had a similar problem using SE9, so first of all I updated to the current version, defraged the hard drive and then before starting to copy to DVD I disabled the screen saver and the power down options. Worked perfect!

Mark.
    PC Specifications: Dell Dimension 4700. P4 2.8Ghz 2 x 512Mb SDRAM. 1 x 160Gb Hard Drive. 1 x 250Gb External Hard Drive For Video Editing. Graphics:- Radeon X300 Series. Windows XP SP2.
    Philips DVD8631 DVDRW and HLDS GDR-8163B CD / DVD ROM

Default Re: PC 'hangs' whilst copying/rendering DVD

Quote Originally Posted by alison haley
    I'm new to video cameras and editing. I am trying to capture the footage from my recent holiday onto two dvds. I am using pinacle studio 9. I tried to put all of the data onto one DVD but the programme advised that the file was too big for the DVD. I've now wasted about 5 dvd disks! I set it going on 'make disk' and it keeps freezing at the same point! So, I deleted the frame where it kept stopping (thinking there may be some sort of glitch on it, and now it freezes at the frame after that! I could just play the movie on the PC, but that's not the point at all. Any ideas from anyone. I'm using DVD R+RW disks and have updated windows with the latest updates.

Alison
    Did you get it to work?