Thread: How do I import my videos without them lagging???

Default How do I import my videos without them lagging???

I'm trying to import videos, some from a Sony action cam and some from my Nikon D5300, and regardless they all skip badly when in Premiere Pro 2.0. Can anyone help me import them properly? Or even point me at some good tutorials?

I'm familiar with the basics of using the program, it's just getting the files in I'm struggling with. All the tutorials I've seen brush over this part or go straight into some very complicated stuff. In fact there seems to be very little about editing on the web in general considering how many people there must be who can do it.

The files are .Mp4 and .MOV respectively, I've tried making them .AVI which gets them into Premiere but I can't do anything with them when they drop so many frames. All videos are 1080p 60FPS 48kHz

Premiere Pro 2.0 is *really old* and was not really designed for real time playback of either native AVCHD or 1080/60p.

You need to find a way of transcoding them to a more computer edit friendly format, or update your editing software.

Not sure what shipped with PP 2.0. Do you have media encoder? If so, and if it understands your files, you could batch convert them to another playable format.

What are your computer specs?

Hi,
    I think you can try to fix the charge of the processor (In the CPU power management ) it can be underused and so you can boost it more.

www.babanespot.com
    http://www.babanespot.com/formation/...-montage-video
    Last edited by Babane Spot; 10-08-2014 at 04:07 PM.

Video skipping: or maybe don't preview/play them in "full res" mode?