Thread: All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor, Cover

Cool All About That Bass - Meghan Trainor, Cover

New band and new video cover of All About That Bass! We tried to make it professional, i dont know if we managed to achieve that!

Please tell us what you think about the video editing, lights, video quality and about the song itself!

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Because I live in 1976 I'd not heard this song before. Didn't realise it was a cover ('cos I didn't read the title) but obviously once I realised I looked for other performances. This is a far more interesting version. Well done the band.I heard a very strong resemblance to "Fairground Attraction" and the video added to this effect. They didn't look like that band, but looked like they could be a 2014 version. The video was helped by a very camera friendly performance from the lead. Good use of cutaway (necessary and well shot, if obvious, images of the guitar and bass) We could perhaps have done with a few more cutaways (like the beginning shots of the sneakers - what a great way to create an immediate interest). On the whole I liked the colour but a few shots looked like they'd been "pushed" a bit - and unnatural as a consequence. There were one or two unusual choices of composition, which I assume were intentional - and credit for that - but I'm not sure they always worked (eg 3:25) a couple of zooms (please don't!) and some unmotivated movement (eg 2:04 which tilts down but goes nowhere)
    But I enjoyed it very much.

Thank you very much for the feedback Tim! Very useful indeed! And everything you said including the explanation makes sense!

I will forward this to the Team who made the video!

Thanks again! Keep the comments coming!