Thread: Raw footage

Default Raw footage

Me again, so want people's advice. When edited the highlights do you place the raw footage for example the whole ceremony as a separate file. Do you find people complain because the highlights are the same as the RAW?

Highlights are just that - highlights. You make them look as good as you can.

'Raw footage' means different things to different people. We also always produced a full uncut multicam edit of the ceremony (as a separate chapter) so they had the entire thing start to finish. No one ever complained that the same footage form the highlights were in the full ceremony.

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Highlights are just that - highlights. You make them look as good as you can.

'Raw footage' means different things to different people. We also always produced a full uncut multicam edit of the ceremony (as a separate chapter) so they had the entire thing start to finish. No one ever complained that the same footage form the highlights were in the full ceremony.

That is what I thought, the email the client has sent to me is shocking ! This is a video I didn't film but am editing on behalf of someone else and basically they are blaming the editing for not getting certain shots. Last time i do just editing.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieSmile View Post
    That is what I thought, the email the client has sent to me is shocking ! This is a video I didn't film but am editing on behalf of someone else and basically they are blaming the editing for not getting certain shots. Last time i do just editing.
    Well, there are certain people out there now charging a lot of money, promising the earth then under delivering. They are shooting for the highlights only, which is OK as long as it's clear that's all you're supposed to be delivering. If the client was expecting a full video then you're screwed.